Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bleu Note on Capel street

Options
  • 05-01-2009 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭

Could somebody confirm that it's still a Jazz club?
    I've heard that the club is under new management

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭Rigsby

AFAIK it is still a jazz club and under new management, who are trying to get it up and running again, after the previous management let the standard slip. Hopefully soon, we'll see it resort back to it's former glory. Not sure if there any up and coming gigs booked yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

it wasnt open tonight :(

It normally has a big jazz ensamble on monday nights...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Upstairs (ground floor) in that place has the stupidest stage set-up I've seen in my life.
    It's a barn, good riddance.

studiorat wrote: »
    Upstairs (ground floor) in that place has the stupidest stage set-up I've seen in my life.
    It's a barn, good riddance.

Yes, I agree that the stage is not ideal, but the venue in general is clean and comfortable, with adequate audience space. Better than a lot of venues I've been to in Dublin.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    it wasnt open tonight :(

It normally has a big jazz ensamble on monday nights...

I'd say it's a case of giving them some time. They only took it over towards the end of 2008. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 frecklz

Any updates since this post? I still haven't got around to checking it out, but am planning to go there on my birthday in a couple of Saturdays .... if it's still playing jazz and funk???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

frecklz wrote: »
    Any updates since this post? I still haven't got around to checking it out, but am planning to go there on my birthday in a couple of Saturdays .... if it's still playing jazz and funk???

long gone.

the spot is cursed nothing survives opening there.

:(

Crap. Any idea if there's a similar place for jazz/funk/swing/blues on a Saturday night in Dublin City?

Check out JJ Smyths !

http://www.jjsmyths.com/gigs.html

Cheers I will!

• Advertisement
Advertisement