Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cardroom???

Options
  • 05-01-2009 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

HI to all the poker pro's and amatures alike,
    I am requesting your knowledge on the proceedures to opening a new cardroom, I suppose it's best if i just put a list of the things that im not sure about or just dont know.
    1: What is the legal requirement's
    2: Do i need planning, and who from
    3: Do i need permission from the Garda
    4: Do i need permission from neighbour's , local's etc.
    5: Anything else you may think relative to getting started.

This is strictly for poker, no gaming tables or machines.
    Any help or advice you can give would be greatly appreciated and will hopefully lead to an invatation to an opening nite soon.
    Kind Regards: Ironman1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ironman1

Anyone?
    Sorry mods is this the right forum to ask this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Id suggest getting legal advice instead of listening to poker players but afaik you need to register it as a private members club and notifying the local guards that you have done that and its all above board before you open would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

With the current economic climate i wouldnt be quick to go opening a club imo

Advertisement