Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Save 5000 Euro On a Nissan Qashqai

Options
  • 05-01-2009 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

http://www.charleshurstgroup.co.uk/special-offers/NISSAN/QASHQAI/3718

Information
    Head North for savings of up to €5,000 against ROI RRP.

January 09 registered Nissan Qashqai models are now available from €20,995

Models include:
    Qashqai 1.5 dci Visia SAVE €5,000
    Qashqai 1.5 dci Acenta SAVE €3,800
    Qashqai 1.5 dci Tekna SAVE €3,500

- Other models are available
    - 3 Year European-Wide Warranty
    - Delivery Service Available

Prices quoted INCLUDE VAT and VRT, prices quoted are correct at time of going to press

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Macer123

I assume speedo will be in miles not KM, may cause a problem when trading in the future (some people could be put off buying with mile on speedo). But if that does not bother you, looks a great saving !!
    Are they taking trade Ins ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

do those prices include VRT?

<edit> Yes they include VAT and VRT</edit>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Macer123 wrote: »
    I assume speedo will be in miles not KM, may cause a problem when trading in the future (some people could be put off buying with mile on speedo). But if that does not bother you, looks a great saving !!
    Depending on the car swapping the dials can be fairly simple and not overly expensive - not sure about the Qashqai though.
    Are they taking trade Ins ???
    I heard an ad for them on TodayFM last week where I'm pretty sure they said they would take your old car as a trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,871 ✭✭✭Soarer

Is the car being bought ex-UK VAT, then the Irish VAT is paid, or is the price including both UK and Irish VAT?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Macer123

Soarer wrote: »
    Is the car being bought ex-UK VAT, then the Irish VAT is paid, or is the price including both UK and Irish VAT?

You only pay VAT once on purchases within the EU. Therefore if purchasing in NI you pay UK rates only. This is the very reason the vehicles are cheaper (new lower UK VAT rate) combined with the exchange rates, than here in the South. VRT is payable when registering the vehicle in Ireland.

The pre-tax (VAT & VRT) price of cars in Ireland in the past was cheaper than the UK, hence many UK garages were sourcing their new vehicle stocks in Ireland. But now that the exchange rates have changed the situation is reversed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Macer123 wrote: »
    You only pay VAT once on purchases within the EU. Therefore if purchasing in NI you pay UK rates only. This is the very reason the vehicles are cheaper (new lower UK VAT rate) combined with the exchange rates, than here in the South. VRT is payable when registering the vehicle in Ireland.

The pre-tax (VAT & VRT) price of cars in Ireland in the past was cheaper than the UK, hence many UK garages were sourcing their new vehicle stocks in Ireland. But now that the exchange rates have changed the situation is reversed.

Incorrect. These cars are liable for Irish VAT at 21.5% (and VRT too).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

who cares? the site has full "all-in" price displayed, so thats what you pay...?

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Incorrect. These cars are liable for Irish VAT at 21.5% (and VRT too).

So its €20,995 + 21% ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

So its €20,995 + 21% ??

No. The advertised price clearly states that it includes VAT and VRT. That is ROI VRT.

The €20,995 price should be all you pay if you're collecting it. Delivery can be arranged though.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

So its €20,995 + 21% ??
    No.

Read the guys answers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭kmb

These offers are valid against NI registrations only. Terms & Conditions apply. Offers subject to availability. E&OE. Images shown is for illustration purposes only, and may not be the exact vehicles on offer.

It says this on the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the prices of NEW cars practically the same when the VAT & VRT rates are taken into account
    between ROI & NI?
    When you take the UK VAT off and then add ROI VAT and VRT, there's very little in it but on 2nd hand cars, there are mega savings to be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

motor vehicles less than 6 months old or with less than 6,000 miles are classified as new by Revenue and consequently Irish VAT and VRT are payable. you will not have to pay UK VAT as its for export

BUT..........

the site refers to savings against the Irish RRP and is priced in Euro. so Im guessing it includes Irish VAT and VRT.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Invincible

Well I bought new in the north last year,paid uk vat on deal,paid vrt & vat to revenue,upon receipt of proof of vat being paid in the Republic,the garage in the north refunded the vat they charged me in the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭sudo911

Either way, very good deal!

Invincible wrote: »
    Well I bought new in the north last year,paid uk vat on deal,paid vrt & vat to revenue,upon receipt of proof of vat being paid in the Republic,the garage in the north refunded the vat they charged me in the deal.

That's what I was trying to get at earlier.

I realise that they say that they'll take care of all VAT and VRT, but I doubt they'll refund the UK VAT to the (uninformed) buyer.
    So I'd like to know what the pre-UK VAT plus the UK VAT paid price is on any given car. That way, you'd be able to work out the VAT/VRT cost on this side, plus the refund of UK VAT you'd be entitled to.
    I'd wager it'd work out cheaper than the "all-in" price that they're quoting...even though their price is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

I doubt they'll refund the UK VAT to the (uninformed) buyer.

by law they would have to.
    Mind you I'd rather the Revenue down here doing it :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭prodigal_son

Soarer wrote: »
    That's what I was trying to get at earlier.

I realise that they say that they'll take care of all VAT and VRT, but I doubt they'll refund the UK VAT to the (uninformed) buyer.
    So I'd like to know what the pre-UK VAT plus the UK VAT paid price is on any given car. That way, you'd be able to work out the VAT/VRT cost on this side, plus the refund of UK VAT you'd be entitled to.
    I'd wager it'd work out cheaper than the "all-in" price that they're quoting...even though their price is good.

The price of the 20 grand one, is £15,164, that dosent include vat but includes registration, and road fund license both of which im not sure are deductable or not.

At least their site says that the prices dont include vat, as each car has a different vat rate, so they will tell you in the store? or maybe i read it wrong.

http://www.charleshurstgroup.co.uk/cars/new/NISSAN/QASHQAI/35962

That link shows the price of the car including VAT.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭antomack

I filled in the online form yesterday and they came back to me this morning.

I got prices on 1.5l diesel with metallic paint, tow bar and ESP.

Visia - £16,500 including UK VAT (€18,850 was their euro price)
    Acenta - £18,300 including UK VAT (€20,700 was their euro price)

You then need to pay Irish VAT and VRT and once you can provide proof to them of Irish VAT being paid they'll refund the UK VAT. Delivery to the Republic would be around £300.

Essentially this would work out around €23,100 for Visia and €25,500 for Acenta assuming €1.13 : £1.

Overall they don't seem to be giving any discount at all so you'd probably be better off taking a trip up to a dealer and getting a cash discount. Also their conversion rate is not very favourable so definitely best to arrange payment in sterling. Not sure how the final price compares to a stright deal price in Ireland as haven't called to any Irish dealers yet, but probably will do so at the weekend.

Example:
    Visia according to Nissan.co.uk would cost around £16,500 for the 1.5l diesel, with metallic, tow bar, and ESP. Adding another £400 to cover dealer delivery, etc. and assuming you could get a discount of 8% would work out around €22,000

ESP Visia models only available in black, else waiting till April, no Acenta ESP models unti April. Without ESP there were quite a few colours available within the next few weeks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement