Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rBGH is genetically engineered Bovine Growth Hormone

Options
  • 05-01-2009 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

Every cow on the planet is injected with this hormone so they produce more milk.
    They said it was safe for humans, but is it really?

Your thoughts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Is there evidence that it is harmful to humans? Or is it like water fluoridation?

And why would they put a dangerous chemical in the food supply in the place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭conceited

Are they your thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

No. That's why all milk-drinkers and beef-eaters end up dying.

conceited wrote: »
    Are they your thoughts? 2 loaded questions?
    Next please.
    Yes people believe that many things are dangerous despite evidence to the contrary. Vaccinations fluoridation etc etc. Maybe you can supply some solid evidence to show it is dangerous.
    What would lead you to believe that it is dangerous?
    Are they not relevant questions?

Have you any thoughts on the subject?
    Anyone done any research into this?

• Advertisement

Have you any thoughts on the subject?
    Anyone done any research into this?

Yes, there's probably nothing to it and follows the same flawed logic used by the people who believe vaccinations are dangerous.
    But perhaps you have some kind of evidence or logic to show otherwise.

Perhaps the NWO are putting mind controlling nanites into our milk.

Glad to know your thoughts on that.
    I have just began reading about this subject myself recently.
    You may have noticed I have not given any postition on the subject. I'm still reasearching. Trying to find inforamtion pertaining to local ireland is proving quite difficult. Thats why I asked you guys.

Glad to know your thoughts on that.
    I have just began reading about this subject myself recently.
    You may have noticed I have not given any postition on the subject. I'm still reasearching. Trying to find inforamtion pertaining to local ireland is proving quite difficult. Thats why I asked you guys.
    These are basic questions you should be asking. As well as verifying the quality of the evidence supplied. But usually stuff like this is supported by bad evidence and poor logic.

Maybe someone has done reasearch into this and see's my thread .
    I will look at all the information carefully.Good point!

They talk about it for a bit in the Corporation. It's not legal here in the EU afaik. In the US it is though.
    Apparently it gives the cows a lot of infections which go into the milk too. Also, because they get so many infections, they need to be injected with antibiotics which also go into the milk. Which is a problem because people can become immune to them from drinking milk that's laced with them.

The part they talk about in the Corporation is about a US news team for Fox who did an exposé on the health effects and how Monsanto(the company that makes it) used their clout to suppress the story.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Every cow on the planet is injected with this hormone so they produce more milk.
    They said it was safe for humans, but is it really?

Your thoughts.

My thoughts...
    • Every cow on the planet is not injected with rGBH hormone.
    • I think its not possible to genetically engineer bottle hormones without genetically engineering the cattle to produce them first. I think there's not enough of these genetically engineered cattle to supply the hormones needed to inject a herd of cattle never mind every cow on the planet!
    • I think we need to know who said it was safe for humans before we can decide if their opinion is reliable.
    • Humans ingesting dairy or beef products will no doubt ingest bovine hormones, and have been doing for generations, so I think they're reasonably safe.
    • I think rGBH is a figment of your imagination. (ok its not!)
    Of course, these are just my conspiracy theories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭WhaLofShi

Very quick Google search.

Here are some links about rBGH.

http://www.ethicalinvesting.com/monsanto/bgh.shtml
    http://www.purefood.org/rBGH/rach621.htm

The stuff is seemingly banned in Europe and Canada
    http://www.preventcancer.com/consumers/general/milk.htm

From here http://www.rifeenergymedicine.com/BGH.html

The extra BGH from the injection is very hard on the cow's metabolism and health. BGH injected cow's have approximately a 80% increase in the rate of mastitis (udder infections), which must be treated with antibiotics. These antibiotics end up in the milk and milk products. The effects of BGH are so devastating to a cow, it would be a wonder how it got FDA approval, if the FDA were not so systematically corrupt. To illustrate how devastating BGH is, I will quote directly from an article written by Minnesota dairy farmer John Kurtz who carried out BGH field trails between 1985 and 1988 before FDA approval of BGH.

"When the injections began, it was obvious something happened. After about three days the injected cows were milking more. An hour before milking time, their milk would run, because they weren't able to hold the milk. They'd be stomping from side to side and bellowing, wanting to be milked. Something had been triggered....

"The first lactation milking period went extremely well. But one problem caught up with us in the second lactation: poor body condition. Basically, these cows were... taking fat and body reserves and turning them into milk."

Further reading of the article reveals that cattle had to be killed after developing problems the author claims is associated with using rBGH. I find it hard to believe that any farmer would inject his animals with something that would eventyually lead to it's death.

Anyway, there's tons of stuff out there on this subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭WhaLofShi

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    They talk about it for a bit in the Corporation. It's not legal here in the EU afaik. In the US it is though.
    Apparently it gives the cows a lot of infections which go into the milk too. Also, because they get so many infections, they need to be injected with antibiotics which also go into the milk. Which is a problem because people can become immune to them from drinking milk that's laced with them.

I remember a long time ago that the use of (I think it was called) PCP in cattle here was being questioned for similar reasons.

Advertisement