Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quickstep Laminate 18.20 Sterling/m roi&ni free deliver order 350+

Options
  • 04-01-2009 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭

http://www.completelyflooring.co.uk/quickstep-laminate.html

Read all the post before you complain that I missed something please

(free all Ireland delivery for orders over 350 Sterling, thats basically anything more than 1 room)
    I ordered it a bit back so I didn't make such a killing.

This is what I ordered :
    http://www.deskelly.ie/pinfo-66-quick-step---perspective---oiled-walnut-planks.php

but I got it for 18.20 Sterling a pack compared to €33.99 from Des its a great saving. most places are at least over 30 euro for this.

I would recommend you getting the floor measured by who your gonna get to lay it and get an extra pack or two or at least be able to buy the same locally if you need to.

prices quoted are ex vat so with the discount vat's like only a 7.5 % more than the quoted prices

All you have to do is go to your local flooring shop and look at the quickstep and get the code of the one you like and go onto the above site.

You will need to get underlay for the laminate also. Also cheap on here. I got a few rolls from them.

Now if your doing up your house and laying carpet in places and need underlay then order it from them also. For example the best prices I can get for carpet underlay is about 10 Euro a meter for the good stuff. and here it is:

http://www.completelyflooring.co.uk/tredaire-superior-rubber-underlay.html

for £2.45 had to buy it locally as I the shipping of this would be about 150 pounds for a few rolls but if you have to order the above flooring and are replacing carpets in your house you could ring them up and ask if they would wave the delivery fee as it all can go on the same pallet/ delivery. well they could knock enough off the delivery to make it worth while getting the underlay from them also.

they take about a week to deliver. very happy with the floor.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭rom

order before the 14th and use the code NEWYEAR1 and get 10% off

• Registered Users Posts: 47 ks44

Yeah i bought off these at the start of the summer, saved a fortune. Bought quickstep for my hall, living area and sitting room for 1000eur. Priced in Dundalk for 1800eur.
    Delivered to my door in 3 days
    EXCELLENT

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

How do you find the quality. Was thinking of getting this for the family room.

good but dont get a bevel edge if its high traffic. they will mark. there is two marks in 6 months on it'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

rom wrote: »
    good but dont get a bevel edge if its high traffic. they will mark. there is two marks in 6 months on it'

We have the bevelled Quickstep in our hallway for the past three and a half years and there are no major marks to be seen, it's very hard wearing. The bevelled edges looks a lot better than the plain stuff too, a lot of people have seen it and thought it was the real thing.

When the kids are a bit bigger, we will probably take it up and replace with a real timber floor but laminate is great for the time being.

• Advertisement

[QUOTE=MayoFoats
    good
    rSam;58464175]We have the bevelled Quickstep in our hallway for the past three and a half years and there are no major marks to be seen, it's very hard wearing. The bevelled edges looks a lot better than the plain stuff too, a lot of people have seen it and thought it was the real thing.

When the kids are a bit bigger, we will probably take it up and replace with a real timber floor but laminate is great for the time being.[/QUOTE]

thats good to know. i think the bevel edges look great and am happy i got it. i told my parents not to get it as the dog might damage it but its good to hear another review of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 walleex

Have bevelled edge QS in a Living room for 5+ years and it is fine. Lots of people have thought it was a real maple floor.

Thanks all, have seen it in someones house and I would not have known it was not real wood.

Thanks OP for price tip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Great value on the bamboo flooring too thanks for the post OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

I ordered from these about 2 years ago and got the free delivery back then. Got quickstep walnut with bevelled edge. Looked great when installed.

Since then the kids have did their very best to put it through as much abuse as possible. And it still looks great.

So both quickstep (bevelled or not) and completelyflooring come highly recommended from me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 workdodger

I got this from CF 2 years ago and even then it was a great bargin. I have the beveled dark oak and it still looks great. do buy a few extra packs as colours can vary from lot to lot and fro the price it is better to have too much (if you do get marks you can replace it).

The person who put it down for me said that it was one of the easiest to work with. for the best look go to the bit of extra trouble and take off the skirting boards. it does make a difference in the end.

to really save money try and find a carpinter who will chanrge per day and not per sq M. The person who did it for me did the floors in the living room, hall, rehung the doors, and put the skirting boards back on in about 2 days. (I had all the skirting boards off before he came).

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭gearoidc

No option on website for ROI delivery!!?

If it's been removed I'll tear my hair out. Was there yesterday.

Its possible!!!
    "We offer free delivery on orders over £350.00 plus vat to mainland UK addresses" and "We can quote for delivery to Ireland and offshore islands, please call for details." taken from their Order & Deliver Terms

Cheers. Thanks

When I got mine 2 years ago, I ordered from completelyflooring but it was delivered by someother NI based flooring company. I can't remember their name though. Not sure if that helps. Maybe someone else can remember their name and they might have similar prices to completelyflooring.

I got my oak flooring from them in the end. An excellent price without a doubt but I had to take the day off work as they would not give me a delivery time :mad: I rang the company in England and the warehouse in Newry beforehand but got no satisfaction.
    In this day and age, that's a complete joke.(It's a 20 second phonecall ffs!!)
    Giving with one hand and taking with the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

hi, was there any customs & excise charge on the import of laminate flooring from the UK? such a large delivery of goods wouldn't go un-noticed, right ?

didn't cost me anything extra

gearoidc wrote: »
    I got my oak flooring from them in the end. An excellent price without a doubt but I had to take the day off work as they would not give me a delivery time :mad: I rang the company in England and the warehouse in Newry beforehand but got no satisfaction.
    In this day and age, that's a complete joke.(It's a 20 second phonecall ffs!!)
    Giving with one hand and taking with the other.
    sorry to hear that. I work about 10 mins from home so i just called up and they did ring me. perhaps giving someone who lives nearby a key to do same would be best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

hi, was there any customs & excise charge on the import of laminate flooring from the UK? such a large delivery of goods wouldn't go un-noticed, right ?

Shouldn't be.
    Goods are bought from within the EU, and VAT has already been paid, so no bother. ;)

sorry to hear that. I work about 10 mins from home so i just called up and they did ring me. perhaps giving someone who lives nearby a key to do same would be best.

I could have given someone a key but I couldn't in all conscience put them in that position...afraid to leave their house in case they missed my delivery!

Like I said above, when you give someone about €600 worth of business, a 10c, 10 second phonecall "I'll be there in the morning/afternoon/evening" is not expecting too much in order to save someone the inconvenience of an 8 hour wait.
    Still makes me mad to think of it.

gearoidc wrote: »
    I could have given someone a key but I couldn't in all conscience put them in that position...afraid to leave their house in case they missed my delivery!

Like I said above, when you give someone about €600 worth of business, a 10c, 10 second phonecall "I'll be there in the morning/afternoon/evening" is not expecting too much in order to save someone the inconvenience of an 8 hour wait.
    Still makes me mad to think of it.

tbh they use a 3rd party for delivery that don't care. did you ring them to complain ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

hi, has anyone bought Doors (internal oak doors) from England ?? i've ordered my laminate floors and am waiting for them to arrive next week. It has worked out at 700-800 euro cheaper than buying them from the flooring shop across the road. I was quoted 140 euros for an oak door before xmas from another crowd in Dublin and they told me they'd give me them (i require 7 in total) for 120 each which was a nice reduction - i went back last week and they won't give me the reduction now lol. So if anyone has bought doors from England please share your experiences....

Have to add my recommendation. The Palermo tiles I was out of stock in Ireland. Richard was great to deal with and items arrived as promised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 mitabrev

anyone manage to order on their site recently? ordered with them last february with no problem. planning to get some laminates again but when i click buy on the site nothing happens. is this still the same website or do they still deliver in ireland?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

Looks like the parent company went into administration on the 2nd June. Theres a notice at the top of the webpage.

I bought from them about 3 weeks ago. Phew that was close. Everything went fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

Yeh, pity. I was about to place an order with them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 mitabrev

thanks. its a pity im planning to order more floorings there but just can only do one room at a time.

any suggestions where else to get laminates and solid oak flooring?

thanks

Advertisement