Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountboard

Options
  • 04-01-2009 12:25am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get some white and/or black mountboard that I can cut myself in the Kildare/West Dublin area?

Preferably minimum A2 size or similar.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I think easons have it? I dont know where the nearest one is. Try www.goldenpages.ie for art shops in kildare too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

O'Sullivans & Easons do it.

We get 20x16 boards at DCC for €1 each for members.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

amd mouldings in rathcoole

sisslings in sandyford

if you go to easons or art & hobby shops you will get much smaller pieces for the same price as if you went to amd or sisslings

• Registered Users Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Speaking of which, is there a cheap place (retail) in town to get foamcore ? I got a bunch of it a couple of weeks back but its exppppppensive !

Where is sisslings in sandyford ? Is it in sandyford industrial estate ?

it next to the car dealerships, opposite the new dunnes etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭el_loco_blanco

Most school supply shops will have it. The Art and Hobby Shop also do it but it is a little more expensive. If you wanted it regularly enough I would buy it on ebay or online from the UK and save yourself a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

Tis a nightmare cutting the fecking stuff though...

i have a mount cutting machine and can cut up to 6mm deep i think, will do straight and bevels so i dont have a big problem cutting it

i tend to avoid it a little as its not that stable, over time it will warp quite a bit

i tend to prefer either corrie board or double sided hardboard, or for thinkness MDF

but it does depend on the application

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭JMcL

Check out Cork Art Supplies. They have good prices, and shipping is cheap - AFAIK €8 odd next day shipping for any amount (mountboard is HEAVY).

Advertisement