Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clipping Long Nails on an Elderly Dog

Options
  • 03-01-2009 10:39pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 294 ✭✭

My Jack Russel is quite elderly and getting grumpier by the day, so much so that it's virtually impossible to handle her without getting a bit of a mauling.

Her nails should have been cut ages ago but I've been putting it off as I don't know how the vet will do it without a general anaesthetic. The last time they were clipped was when she was having another procedure so I just got them to do them while she was under.

Any suggestions on how to get her nails done without knocking her out completely?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,450 ✭✭✭Rigsby

If your dog is that hard to handle I cant see any other safe way of doing the job, other than at the experienced hands of a vet. This way, neither you or the dog gets injured.

Advertisement