Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea C & C

Options
  • 03-01-2009 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

8E61CD9A8D8645BAA1DBCF83376994B0-800.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Pivot_Al

Thats a nice shot Nisio-not so sure about the foreground-i think you could actually crop the lower half and still have a lovely picture-might lose too much resolution though-still nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

I think its a pretty decent attempt.

some suggestions for your next effort - I would have gotten down on the ground and included some of those rocks as a close foreground to give the shot some depth. the main points of the shot, the rocks/waves/posts and the skyline seem too seperated by the expanse of lake. Again getting down on the ground and closer to some rocks would bring these closer together, creating depth.

the shot is also a little hazy which can be tidied up by adding a little contrast.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Nisio - I like it. Its a great scene. In terms of c&c I'd just say it is a bit dull - i think this is the point BW was referring to by adding a little contrast it should work. I'd also bump the saturation just a smidgen to bring out the beautiful sky colour and reflections. Many won't like the frame but that's a matter of taste.

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

nice scene, maybe try bumping up the colours. reddish tones would warm the photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I think thats a class a shot, really well done, I like the crop, ok colours and contrast can be enhance bu I feel they may give it a more commercial mass print look about it, I like the uniqeness and simplicity of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭M.T

Very nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

Thanks for all the advice everyone, good comments and critisisisisim. I've had a go at making some of the changes suggested below.

Oisin
    C47E9FFA6C7E45CD8B46859F81D6DE70-800.jpg

9F8F062116CF49BF9151C0252B1CF4A7-800.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭M.T

I am not great at photography so my comments are not worth much but I prefer the original you put up. There is a certain tranquillity about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I agree with MT - after all that your original attempt is better i think :) Sharper and more pleasing colours IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

The original is best without a doubt, foreground is ok but when twas mentioned I checked out the shot again and found it slightly distracting
    Congrats on an excellent shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

I think I'll have to work on getting it right on camera and not have to fall back on my (dodgy) photoshoping ;)

Thanks,

Oisin

Advertisement