Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C&C please

Options
  • 03-01-2009 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

pic from today Rathbeggan lakes.
    any advice welcome including whether its better to increase contrast or decrease on BW landscapes ... does it depend on individual shots ?
    no PP done on this so any advice on that also greatly appreciated ..

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Its looks nice but there something not right about it..It looks over sharpened?Was it a compact or slr?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

I like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,138 ✭✭✭nilhg

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Was it a compact or slr?

Can you not tell?

To the OP, I like this, though I do think it could do with some extra contrast or a stronger s curve in levels.
    I don't think there is any hard and fast rule, though most shots in RAW from a DSLR benefit from extra contrast, though much depends on your setup in the RAW converter.

If I was to suggest any change it would be a slight crop top and bottom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

nilhg wrote: »
    Can you not tell?

Well i assumed it was a DSLR
    But i hope it isn't cause it looks quiet odd when zoomed in...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

If I was to suggest any change it would be a slight crop top and bottom.

Exactly what I was going to say tbh.

Maybe it might not work, but maybe try taking a little more off the bottom than the top to drop the horizon slightly....?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 dec.foley

hi ricky,

its from nikon d40x. i changed it to bw in i-photo.

tks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 dec.foley

thanks for feedback folks, I'll try a few crops to see how it looks, theres also a fly fishing line on the lhs that maybe should come out.

bit worried now about the sharpness thing, does it look off, its from a DSLR as said, maybe i didnt reset the image in i-photo after messing around with it. i'll try the original again to see if its different.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

nice shot dec. repost after you do the crop. be interested in having a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭M.T

Really nice shot. I'd lose the bit of a bench on the right though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I'm not sure on the conversion tbh.

Also, you're probably better off using a site like flickr or photobucket to show your shots, rather than attaching a full size image for all to keep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Can you not tell?
    I like this, though I do think it could do with some extra contrast or a stronger s curve in levels.

I agree here nilhg. Lighter Whites and darker Blacks would make the image more appealing IMHO.

Though nice overall image.

Dave OS

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Nice picture.
    Love the bandstand in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

That'd make a fantastic large print.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭xshayx

Really like it, love that theres so much sky and water, and just the small strip of land.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Love the capture of the Sky & the Reflection. Well seen. A bit of a crop of the water would improve it.

Not sure I really like the colour cast in it & also it probably needs more contrast. The conversion method you use will have a big effect here.

I also feel there needs to be a more defined subject in the photo. The Pavillion seems to be the subject but it's just not very strong. Still a very pleasing image.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Though I'm not too good myself in technical aspects, I agree that the colour somehow seems "odd", I would have maybe kept it in colour, or indeed put more contrast into it... Nice shot anyways!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Very nice, just down the road from me. Bit more contrast and your there

Advertisement