Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky broadband

Options
  • 03-01-2009 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

sky broadband is now in england.

serious speeds..... 16mb constant

anybody hear when it might be coming to Ireland??????????
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Not a sausage .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

serious speeds..... 16mb constant
    heh, it is ADSL ,
    anyway, thanks to eircom we'll never get this speed :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Only those speeds on their own LLU, not on BT wholesaled sky. And not on free combo TV package.

Not likely here unless they can buy out a major ISP. They bought easyNet in UK.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

LLU market in Ireland is complately different to UK, Sky, AOL, TalkTalk etc all offer 16MB or 24MB ADSL in the UK.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭JDxtra

They do not need to. They have plenty of Sky subscribers over here and still growing. If things turn around for them they could offer extras like this, but unfortunately for us they do not need to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭MrDrifter

JDxtra wrote: »
    They do not need to. They have plenty of Sky subscribers over here and still growing. If things turn around for them they could offer extras like this, but unfortunately for us they do not need to.

They mightnt need to, but if there was enough interest in something like that they wouldnt say no to the profits I would say...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

JDxtra wrote: »

its not about "need", its about sky as with any company will only do something thats profitable and LLU in Ireland isn't very so its not worth there while :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i ordered it for my mum in the UK from sky (from here) and I have to say I couldn't be more impressed with their customer service or the actual installation and service itself.

i called them on a saturday lunchtimeand they said there might be a bit of a wait but that they're try and get it done within a few days, but the engineer turned up to enable the BB on that monday morning at 10:30am and knocked on the door to let her know the phone might be off for 30 miuntes and then knocked again to let her know it was all done and should be working fine.

then the modem turned up in the post a day or two after that and it was all plug and play workin perfectly. they even have the wireless key and ssid on a sticker on the bottom of the modem/router which i thought was a nice touch. can't fault them one bit, it was exceptionally efficient.

vibe666 wrote: »
    i ordered it for my mum in the UK from sky (from here) and I have to say I couldn't be more impressed with their customer service or the actual installation and service itself.

Broadband provision in the UK is just that little bit better then in Ireland, most lines average 10 days working or cal, the provision processing is just more refined imho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Cabaal wrote: »
    Broadband provision in the UK is just that little bit better then in Ireland, most lines average 10 days working or cal, the provision processing is just more refined imho :)
    you'd have to go a long way to beat two (*business) hours from the order time though. :D

* assuming saturday and sunday don't count and business starts at 9am monday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement