Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bursairies

Options
  • 03-01-2009 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭

we should now be able to get bursairies yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

nobody is excited bout this, bummer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

regob wrote: »
    nobody is excited bout this, bummer

Well tbh i havent a notion what you are talkin about :p

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Can you expand on this, a link perhaps? ;)

basically it has been recently passed that the university of ulster is now opening the bursiaries that use to be only available for students in the united kingdom to students from the republic of ireland. a bursairie is financial aid for students in the university. sorry couldnt find a link but hope that helps. this is being brought in semester one 2009-2010. sorry couldnt find link but hope this helps.

Yeah, can't find any info on it either. I might email admissions. I just see that you can't get a bursary if doing any of the allied health courses. :(

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote: »
    Yeah, can't find any info on it either. I might email admissions. I just see that you can't get a bursary if doing any of the allied health courses. :(

i contacted registry in jordanstown and they said yeah but its not being brought in till the start of the 2009-2010 year, and they said it is for all rep of ireland students. so ya should be counted in that no matter what course ya study.

Thanks for the info.

How come is isn't mentioned on the website though? Tomorrow is the deadline for UCAS and it could swing people to apply up north rather than go over to GB. Actually, keep this hush hush until the weekend. ;)

Thanks for the info.

How come is isn't mentioned on the website though? Tomorrow is the deadline for UCAS and it could swing people to apply up north rather than go over to GB. Actually, keep this hush hush until the weekend. ;)

Damm Dubs goin north for education.........hang on ;)

Regob do you mean the hardship fund or the bursaries from student loan company?

GAAman wrote: »

Regob do you mean the hardship fund or the bursaries from student loan company?

no these are bursairies that the university gives to students. the hardship fund is completely differnt, ya apply for these bursairies in the registry office

Well it's not like it's my first choice or anything! ;):D I've just heard it a really good course and produces fine graduates so ya know..

• Advertisement

lets face it larianne, jordanstown is the place for you, lol it is a great spot though. i so do ya want the bursairie info now or has ucas still not closed

Well it's not like it's my first choice or anything! ;):D I've just heard it a really good course and produces fine graduates so ya know..

*Points at location just in case Larianne missed the joke*

Thats cool regob i will be applyin for that in final year (if i ever make it :( ) can you send the info my way too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Sweet, whats the most you can get from bursaries?

*Points at location just in case Larianne missed the joke*

No, I didn't miss the joke hence the ' :D ' :rolleyes:

Yeah, I applied for Jordanstown so any linky to the info would be great!

Advertisement