Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUE JAN 6 21:00 NEW Oak Tree Press Boardeaux

Options
  • 03-01-2009 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭

Daryl -
    Clayton -

Martin - Yes
    Ed -
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Keith -
    Cathal -
    Mick Mc -

Lepo -
    Larry -
    Derek -
    Peter -
    Gav -
    Mark -
    Gar -
    Dave -

Art -
    Eddie -
    Ciaran -
    Karl -

Interesting fact about this lot is that since we beat them (1-0, we played shocking, they had ten men) they've won every single game. This will be a very tough game!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Daryl -
    Clayton -

Martin - Yes
    Ed -
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Keith -
    Cathal -
    Mick Mc -

Lepo -
    Larry -
    Derek -
    Peter -
    Gav -
    Mark -
    Gar -
    Dave -

Art -
    Eddie - MAYBE
    Ciaran -
    Karl -

I'm away on holiday at the moment, back Tuesday evening so won't know for definite until Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 sockdolage

Daryl -
    Clayton -

Martin - Yes
    Ed -
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Keith -
    Cathal -
    Mick Mc -

Lepo -
    Larry -
    Derek -
    Peter -
    Gav -
    Mark - Yes
    Gar -
    Dave -

Art -
    Eddie - MAYBE
    Ciaran -
    Karl -

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

yep, im in....art, dan and ciaran said they were in too, so will confirm officially with them and then update the list. mick has exams this week so may not make it, but will let him confirm with des himself closer to the time.

massive game, at very least we need to avoid defeat. win would be super but drawing against our nearest rivals will not cost us the league. they have some cracking players in midfield and one of their lads caused us massive problems in there in the 2nd half of last game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Iirc they had some fat lad in trackie ends who was absolutely class :D

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WeAreShels

I'm doubtful for this one now. Been in bed with the flu for the last few days and tried to get out of bed for the first time today and ended up fainting which is never good. I'll see how I am this time tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Beidh mé ansin

thread very quite. des, did you get many texts back?

I'm thinking there's a chance it might be off. My back garden is frozen solid and was checking forecast there and it's predicted to be freezing tonight. Hopefully we'll get some decent notice if it is off.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

The sun is out and shining over that direction. I doubt it will be off.

The sun is shining out my back too :D No clouds out so would imagine it will be freezing tonight. If we don't play though we could be trying to catch up 3 matches which is ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Feeling much better today so I'll be grand for this one. Wouldn't be too hopeful of it going ahead though.

if new park is off, then all pitches will be off....so we will have no catching up to do. we played 5 a side last nite in tallaght and that was fine. though thats more synthetic grass than sand based.

and has anybody heard from the gaffer? as it stands, we dont have a team as theres very few repsonses on here.

Daryl - YES
    Clayton -

Martin - Yes
    Ed - YES
    Dan - YES
    Michael -
    Keith - YES
    Cathal -
    Mick Mc -

Lepo -
    Larry -
    Derek -
    Peter -
    Gav -
    Mark - Yes
    Gar -
    Dave - YES

Art - YES
    Eddie - MAYBE
    Ciaran - YES
    Karl -

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Daryl -
    Clayton -

Martin - Yes
    Ed -
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Keith - Yes
    Cathal -
    Mick Mc -

Lepo -
    Larry -
    Derek -
    Peter -
    Gav -
    Mark - Yes
    Gar -
    Dave -

Art -
    Eddie - MAYBE
    Ciaran -
    Karl -

Sorry didn't realise i hadn't added myself in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Alright lads. If you's are stuck for numbers tonight let me know by 5pm and I'll play. It'll mean I'll have to play through the shin splints pain which I'm trying to avoid as I'm rehabbing it in the gym at the moment, but I've found an ice massage after running means I can do it as a once-off when necessary.

cheers jules.

ill send a few texts to the other lads now, obviously des is busy so we need to help out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Daryl -
    Clayton - Yes

Martin - Yes
    Ed - Yes
    Dan - Yes
    Michael - Yes
    Keith - Yes
    Cathal - Yes

Mick Mc - No

Lepo - Yes
    Larry - Yes
    Derek - Yes
    Peter -Yes
    Gav - Yes
    Mark - Yes

Gar - No
    Dave - Yes

Art - Yes
    Eddie - MAYBE
    Ciaran - Yes

ill send a few texts to the other lads now, obviously des is busy so we need to help out!

Relax Ed

I'm in Des...

WeAreShels wrote: »
    I'm in Des...

Grand

decent squad so...need it, going to be a tough game. just been looking at the fixtures (and glenwood had a narrow win lasts nite over coca cola) and if we get over the next 2 weeks and avoid defeat, we are in a great position. 4 points should be the minimum, if we get 6, we are laughing and in a massive position as all the other teams have to play each other and we only have ravenhill from the top 5 left over the next 7 games. last game with full irish could be very interesting.

one game at a time though, need a massive effort this week from everybody. i expect FI and ravenhill to win tonight, but its over the next few weeks that we will make up the ground when fixtures even out. its a marathon and not a sprint!!

• Advertisement

its a marathon and not a sprint!!

That's what she said!

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    That's what she said!

mustttttt......resisttttt.....jokes about........:D dont go there buddy, would get nasty :)

Just sprint the marathon and everyones a winner :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

I'm coughing and spluttering here lads so I won't be much use to ye. I'll have to pull out. If you're stuck on the left let me know, I'll just be coughing up a lung.

Lepo

thelepo wrote: »
    I'm coughing and spluttering here lads so I won't be much use to ye. I'll have to pull out. If you're stuck on the left let me know, I'll just be coughing up a lung.

Lepo

the curse of the left wing strikes again!
    half the country has some sort of flu/cough. hopefully a few of those lads have it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Im bringing the lucozade. And the Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Seems you're well covered for numbers now so I'll just hit the gime instead. All the best with it, give em a few wallops on the thighs in this frosty weather and it'll sort em out good and proper!

LOTP wrote: »
    Im bringing the lucozade. And the Martin

Actually what happened to the lucozade sport mixed berry??

Its been replaced by the raspberry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

In short, yes, yes it has

• Advertisement

I emailed Astro.ie because I needed to know if this was taking place or not because I have training for my club team and they wrote back:

Hi David,

We spoke to Newpark at 17:00 and at that stage they were confident it would be ok.

The referee has the final call but at this stage we expect it to go ahead.

Regards

Advertisement