Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Independent News Photography Calendar

Options
  • 03-01-2009 3:10pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I have just had a look at the 2009 Calendar in today's Independent Newspaper.

The photograph for February has me stumped. I don't much about about Sport, so there may well be something I am missing here. It just doesn't seem much of a Photograph to me. The subject to the right seems really soft & it looks like blown highlights on his head. The guy to the left is probably the subject but doesn't seem to have any sort of expression that is significant.

I have seen much better Sports Photographs here.

Am I missing something?

Maybe it's just me?

There is much better Sports Photograph, in my opinion, for September.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Maybe the rugby fans can give a better answer but I think it's inclusion is there to highlight the Ireland vs England game in february.

It mightn't be a perfect photo but for fans of the game it probably captures the emotion of that moment & that particular game quite well. As I recall the backdrop to it was England playing at Croke Park with 'God Save The Queen' being played beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

It's nicely put together for a freebie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

tbh was disappointed with some of the pics in that calendar.....the one in the examiner was better - comprehensive list of events for the year...oh and a couple of pics in there too !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 dec.foley

"The subject to the right seems really soft"

John Hayes and "really soft" don't normally collide in the same sentence..
    :):):):):):)

agreed its not a great pic, the main subject is Hayes on the Right (as per photo description) though you are right the focus is on O Driscoll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Can someone upload a quick snap of the pic?

I didn't get it and can't :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

peter1892 wrote: »
    Maybe the rugby fans can give a better answer but I think it's inclusion is there to highlight the Ireland vs England game in february.

It mightn't be a perfect photo but for fans of the game it probably captures the emotion of that moment & that particular game quite well. As I recall the backdrop to it was England playing at Croke Park with 'God Save The Queen' being played beforehand.

That was in 2007!

Advertisement