Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watermark with Lightroom

Options
  • 03-01-2009 11:21am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I know it's something that comes up from time to time, but I found one that really works.

Here's the thread on AVForums.

After a little playing, I got it to work.

You can make the watermark as subtle or obvious as you need.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I just want a lickkle signature. :o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Easy to do/configure with that option.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I've got to the stage where I do it and yet it never comes out in my pics which probably means I didn't get to the stage where I could do it.

I decided to process a few images, and really test the watermark.

Comments welcome.

3167804675_a17c916b33.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

text looks a little to manipulated on the paul walsh part IMO, more than likely the Font doesnt adapt well in terms positioning its perfect and doesnt effect the picture too much:D

• Advertisement

text looks a little to manipulated on the paul walsh part IMO, more than likely the Font doesnt adapt well in terms positioning its perfect and doesnt effect the picture too much:D

Yeah, know what you mean about the font. I was kinda thinking that myself. I did play with a few fonts, but may go and change again.

It is good that you have plenty of options with the actual watermark - positioning, size, opacity, etc. Easy enough to tone it up or down, as needed. It can be subtle enough not to distract TOO much from the photo, but also to still have something there (just in case).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

yea the subtleness is def spot on, there is nothing worse than a great pic and a big dirty watermark in the middle of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

This isn't specific to this thread, but it just dawned on me this evening while exporting a photo in LR - don't forget to update the year to 2009 in your saved meta data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Nice one Paul. Well spotted.

Dave OS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭WexfordMusings

for those cash strapped students out there - the newest version of picasa (V3, not 2.7) does watermarks now - just the plain bit of text down in the corner but still does the job for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Just tried this out and with a bit of fiddling around it works a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

Ok, now that we have sorted out all the windows users....
    Has anyone managed to install ImageMagick on a mac? Think you have to change scripts or something and I don't have a clue - was playing around with it today and no joy!

My watermark is rearing to go but can't get ImageMagick installed and so I can't sort out the plug in.

If anyone gets it sussed can you post the fix?
    Thanks,
    Boz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Someone recommended this software to me & I've been using it ever since, even though I had a package (iWatermark) which I paid for - this free program poops all over it, so give it a whirl! ;)

Fast Stone Image Resizer

Advertisement