Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus NTL Digital TV in 2nd Room

Options
  • 03-01-2009 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Apologies if this was already dealt with but from what I can see most of the threads are about the analogue service. I want to put chorus digital tv in a 2nd room. The RF socket does not work but there is a 2nd scart socket. I have a long scart lead but the problem is trying to chase this lead through walls as I have to drill a large hole to get head of scart through, unlike the coax cables. Is there a better way to do this, what about those wireless transmitters? If not any tips for chasing the cable?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 SlimeyGoose

Hi Cri. I presume you do not want to pay for the multi room second connection? It can be expensive but you do get a second box with all the same channels.
    We got the NTL digital service in December , paid for the multi room for a second room downstairs , but used exisiting cables to carry the analogue to upstairs points. If you are getting the analagoue service the boosters can work well but not sure about boosting the digital. With the analogue you can pick up the different channels on the second TV set but I suspect on the digital you could only pick up the same channel? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭cri

Hi Slimey Goose, thanks for the reply. I didn't think I had analogue at all. How do you know if you have analogue?

I just switched from sky and assumed the only connection I have is digital. I just bought, in Maplins, an 'Universal Modulator', which the guy told me will turn a scart connection into a co ax connection. If that works then I will have no problem chasing a co ax lead from one room to another.

Advertisement