Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making use of the Boards Photo Albums

Options
  • 03-01-2009 3:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭

I know a lot of the photographers around here have their own website\flickr\pix.ie etc.. I find sometimes though, that I couldn't be arsed to view them. Just too lazy I guess. ;)

So I got to wondering.... Seen that this forum is well full of photographers, why no one makes use of the Boards Photo Albums in their own personal profile. IMO, It would make it extremely easy to view each others work, and get a good idea of other peoples art and expression without having to jump off this site. The format in the Boards Albums are clickable thumbnails. I find that easiest for browsing and less boring than having to sit through a slideshow on external sites.

And, If enough people create them, I'm sure the mods could enable a small link on the left of the individual posts where It says Adverts | Friends to also include an Albums link. ;)

Here's a link to My Boards Albums Page. I've only got one album there at the moment called Insect Macros, but am working on putting other ones together. :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Nice idea. Put it as a suggestion on the development forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Thanks Nerin. I'll do that.

Dave OS

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Mneh you say your not bothered clicking in flickr links, why be bothered clicking on a album link to a page that's slower and less user friendly and uploading is a pain)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Mneh you say your not bothered clicking in flickr links, why be bothered clicking on a album link to a page that's slower and less user friendly and uploading is a pain)

You could re-read my original post and realise its just a suggestion that might be helpful for some. You'll also read that I said Sometimes I couldn't be arsed going to external links.... Thats all ! ;)

BTW. I've been over to the Development forum and have put in a feature request for this.

Dave OS

Advertisement