Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oh no, not killinaskully!!

Options
  • 03-01-2009 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭

nobody admits to watching it, nobody admits to finding it funny...

but yet again killinaskully tops the xmas TV ratings:confused:

they say the irish are half mad, well after hearing that news i'm beginning to believe it, cause exculding kids under-10.......only the mentally ill could find that show entertaining.

ps- and no i'm not a d4 head, I live down the country

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I've never understood it's appeal. I tried to watch a few episodes to see what's funny about but it's just shíte. I didn't laugh once. Boggles the mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rich1691

Don't worry I think it's finished now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Yeah but he's replacing it with some other equally sh1te show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I'm the only one in my family who doesnt like it.

I watched it a couple of times and thought it was crap.

I don't understand why anyone likes it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

It's popular with rural folk, taps in to their inner psyche, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭afatbollix

its for folks who dont use the internet.... thats who its for....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

total ****e, yet another reason for the hatred for paying tv license

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

My two boys, aged 8 and 6 both find it hilarious, I guess that says a lot for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

It was a novelty at first, something different.

The women power walkers were very funny, as were some of the scenes in the bar with Jacksie. (which means I never watched more than two episodes!) It's mostly awful stuff though I agree. I don't know how it gets the high ratings it does. The same applies to 'ALL' of RTE's programmes.

Bring back the D'umbelievables!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

K4t wrote: »

Bring back the D'umbelievables!!!

What!! but one of them was responsible for it:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Myxomatosis

I didn't laugh but I found myself watching it on Christmas day. Didn't catch the second part thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

I gave the Christmas special 10 minutes , and was really disappointed.

Why disappointed, I hear the serial Rté haters here ask? Well, I had read reports that Pat Shortt had responded to criticism that Killinaskully had lost it's way after the second series by saying that all the childish enthusiasm that featured in the first , fresh episodes would be back in the 2 part special. Foolishly, I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

It wasnt childish enthusiasm we were after, Pat, (tho we certainly got the childish part of it...) it was Jokes. And there weren't any, there were just a forced sequence of desperately unfunny 70's sitcom scenarios further hindered by poor stage acting.

It has long since turned into a poor man's 'Last of the summer wine' with a limerick accent, abut no doubt Rté (eager to artificially keep alive a dying cash cow) have commissioned further specials, the next of which will no doubt feature a 'wacky' , 'madcap' scheme that sees mistaken identity, jokes from early in the last century, and the three leads in rolling down the hill in a bathtub while an old person falls off their bike. Hillarious.

I didn't tune in to part two, needless to say. Grim stuff indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Utter crap. Dont watch it. Make no bones about telling people who do watch it what i think of it. Im sorry but how could anybody find it remotely amusing. Cant say im a massive fan of Mr.Shortt either.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Roses are red

Cant stand it. Dont see anything funny about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭vivadeadponies

"It has long since turned into a poor man's 'Last of the summer wine' with a limerick accent"

I was about to say it was Ireland's equivalent to it.

Don't really see the point in bashing it as it was never aimed at me in any shape or form whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

"It has long since turned into a poor man's 'Last of the summer wine' with a limerick accent"

I wouldn't say its a poor man's Last of the summer wine, I would just say it is in the same vain of LOTSW.

I don't find it funny either, but I can see why people do.

It is very successful but thankfully RTE know that it should only run for a few years unlike the BBC who keep recommissioning LOTSW.

Lets face it is a Family comedy and since RTE don't do much comedy when the do Family comedy it gets criticised because guess what Family Comedy is generally unfunny. Think the BBC's "My Family"
    Don't really see the point in bashing it as it was never aimed at me in any shape or form whatsoever.

Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

The first series was 'Okay'...
    I thought the Phillip Eno Episode was Kinda Funny But every series after that just recycled jokes from the first

Do Rte Expect people to laugh at Dan 'Straning the spuds' Every week?:rolleyes:

Advertisement