Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Boards pic...C&C

Options
  • 03-01-2009 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

Hi, this is my 1st pic on Boards photography. It's a photo of my 6 year old son in the Steam Museum in Straffan Co. Kildare. I'm quite proud of the photo and would welcome any c&cs.

2740524715_3137e42cbc.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I like it very very classical style, almost like a tv advert... well done.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Very nice, photogenic kid too

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

What picture? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I cannot see the picture as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

What picture? :confused:

Sorry, i couldn't see it either so I tried to edit the link. can you see it now?

l

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Hey chewed - welcome aboard (pardon the pun),

Its certainly an interesting take. Had you planned it that way or was it just an interesting one out of the camera?

Either ways I like it loads but it mightn't be everyone's cup of tea - you have to do a double take with it but that's not particularly bad. I would say its bordering on the creative side (again not sure if that is the intention).

Nice pensive expression caught on the subject and the reflections are interesting additions to the composition. To me it looks a tad over exposed / bright but that could be fixed (my monitor isn't calibrated btw). You could also add a bit of drama to the composition in PP which i think may improve / make the brightness more acceptable.

I get the reflection now (on a third view). first and second look and i thought it was wine / beer bottles but i see its the outline of a train. Hmnn.... is that a good or bad thing??? Not sure....

The burnt out areas (really bright) will be desperate to manipulate if you decide to do anything with it though and are imho a difficult and complex part of the overall composition.

All the above of course is only an opinion (and mine not yours) so take from it whatever you may. That's the important to remember as others may post opinion too which may or may not be agreeable to you. Anyhow, no doubt you've read the stickies so you'll know what giving and receiving C&C is about.

Good luck. And keep getting involved. A 2009 boards book entry will be in your grasp :)

Nothing to be seen so far.

Oh. Meant to say - posting an image tutorial is included in the stickies.

Meh... here it is - read the sticky later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Meh... here it is - read the sticky later :D

Thanks a million An Cath Dubh. I very much welcome your extensive feedback on this pic. The funny thing is my kid is completely hyperactive and looking at this pic you would think he's been staring at the train for 10 mins, so it was (and always is) quite tricky to get a snap of him in this pose.

• Advertisement

Very interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Sixth sense type of picture.

Great picture....your kid has talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

I really like this, have looked at it several times this morning and I think it gets better with each look.

Well done

Advertisement