Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First photo's with the new SLR - C&C

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

They are nice but its ashame 3 of 5 pics are the same,Shallow dof and blurry foreground..Think you could of did different types of photos give your subjects

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭l pearse

The second shot is my favourite, & i like the burned out car. Good set sNarah.....enjoy your camera.

Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

sNarah- I like these. Congrats for a first post. Very promising material. Nice composition generally.

#1 is interesting. Love #2 but wouldn't be gone on #3.

#4 is good in terms of getting a foreground and a background although the silhouette in focus may have been better reversed i.e. the celtic cross being the one in focus. Nice all the same.

I actually like #5 an awful lot - nice colouring in the scene with the stark contrast of the burnt out vehicle. I'd also like to see it just as a picturesque scene perhaps to the right of the burnt out vehicle looking up river.

Nice work there. Lots of promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

No.2 is great.

No.3 only has a small sliver of the moss in focus which is unfortunate.

I was going to say the exact same thing AnCatDubh said about no.4. (the cross in focus instead of the tree)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I like the last one quite a lot. Looks a little unnatural but maybe thats a good thing!
    I think you could have done better with the depth of field in the 3rd picture as the background does look really blurry and shallow...
    The rest are pretty good. Considering these are your 1st photos, you seem to be set all right!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

They look very creative and interesting. You really think when taking pictures.
    May I ask where is that car? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Thanks for the feedback guys! At this stage I'm really just pressing all the buttons to find out what they do, and I'm very happy with the camera!

@ thOnda: it's outside Drogheda, just under the fancy M1 bridge and it lookes likes it's been burned out first, then rolled into the water (there's algae on it!) and then somehow find it's way back to the land :-)

Will try to get get posting correct next time as well, just need to figure out how to do it now...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

There is good tutorial in FAQ thread.

Advertisement