Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campsites in Netherlands

Options
  • 02-01-2009 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have recommendations for campsites in the Netherlands for April ? We're thinking of heading over there over Easter. I know it won't be as warm as the Summer, but from memory it's not too bad in April.

I saw reference somewhere to Centreparcs - http://www.centerparcs.com/EN/IE/home - as being great facilities and I know their UK facilities are pretty good, but I'm not entirely sure from their websites that they do touring campervans - it all appears to be chalets and villages and that kind of stuff.

So, does anyone have any other suggestions for campsites in the Netherlands ? We have two boys - 9 & 7 - but they are pretty flexible in terms of entertainment options.

z

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Hi zagmund
    We took in Holland during our summer trip and stayed on sites owned by a company called RCN. Sites were more like holiday camps with pools, restaurants, water sports, entertainment layed on every day for the adults and kids (our 1 was 8 and didn't want to leave). Their brochure for 2009 just landed in last week but its in dutch so only good for the piccies. We were the only native english speakers on both sites but allmost everybody speaks english so no communication probs. Would give 10 out of 10 for every aspect except for the f***ing ducks that started quacking outside our van at about 7.30 each morning but that might have had something to do with our little angel leaving food out every night just to get me up early for a swim.
    www.rcn.nl might be worth checking out. Lovely places, lovely people.:):):)
    Rusty

Advertisement