Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeling bloated after eating

Options
  • 02-01-2009 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭

Whenever i eat anything i always end up feeling bloated immediatly after.

For example even if i was starving and i had a second piece of toast that would bring it on. Even having a salad i would feel the same.

Is there a reason for this and is there anything i can do (apart from going through packs of motilium!)

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

Yea i get this too. Only after takeaway food though. so I'm quitting. esspecially chinese.
    It helps to keep oil and grease down to a minimum and try not to keep eating until your full. just stop before you feel uncomfortable. I havn't had that feeling in about a month. its rotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 HoorayForPeePee

Chinese is my achilles heel.

I've made an undertaking to cut down to once a week (Sunday being me rest day), because eating it up to six nights a week for the last month or so has seen me put back on a stone of the two that I lost during the year, after quitting the fags.

It's a lot easier to eat right than it is to work off the excess calories after the fact.

As said, keep the oul fat intake down, try to eat smaller and more frequent meals (this will help the metabolism too).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

What are you drinking with it? Do you eat quite quickly op? Perhaps there is something in your diet that you are allergic to that might be causing this feeling, for example wheat, lactose, or msg (this would explain the takeaway problem the other posters mentioned). You can get your allergies tested (dunno the name for practictioners?) and that might help.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

I try to drink water or fruit juice but I used to have soft drinks or tea with meals. As I work shift work I only eat once a day sometimes too. but this has all stopped for me now. for the time being anyway.

Advertisement