Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

c&c pls.....

Options
  • 02-01-2009 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭

Lucky I had my camera as I was walking around this afternoon, I managed to snap a nice pic of a coal tit in the hawthorn bush above me............

3E4A7E2E09A74C2BA60E2F74BB6A8BFC-800.jpg

any c'n'c would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I love it!!!!!
    I like birds...

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Pivot_Al

I like it. In a perfect world i suppose a less central position of the bird and a touch of flash would improve the shot but i think those shots of very small birds are hard to take-well done

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

^wouldn't the flash like scare the bird away?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭l pearse

This is a really great shot, as they don't hang around for very long...well done:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Pivot_Al wrote: »
    I like it. In a perfect world i suppose a less central position of the bird and a touch of flash would improve the shot but i think those shots of very small birds are hard to take-well done

This one is cropped at 6mp, I have the 10mp raw on the cf card so that can be fixed. Secondly a flash gun is on the shopping list....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,129 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Thats pretty cool.... bit of a blue colour in the background.. from the lens maybe... might look good printed in black & white

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Pivot_Al

Good stuff- I need to get a flashgun myself- have one from my film days but am afraid to use it on my DSLR in case i blow everything:)

eolhc wrote: »
    Thats pretty cool.... bit of a blue colour in the background.. from the lens maybe... might look good printed in black & white

I noticed that myself though the extent of my p.p goes to cropping and turning my photos into black and white
    :-). Anyone can have a go fixing it if they want.........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Just a quickie, could be brighter again but I think it would take away from the picture. Curves to brighten and saturation raised to add some colour as it was quite dull, obviously due to natural daylight and not the shot, also clarification to give a bit more depth.

I would agree flash would have scared the bird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

I vote we rename this thread ' get your tits out ' :pac:

looks better alright 2nd time round .. its a little dark in the original :D

• Advertisement

Phototoxin wrote: »
    I vote we rename this thread ' get your tits out ' :pac:

looks better alright 2nd time round .. its a little dark in the original :D

Yes theres loads of them bouncing round in the garden..... PLUS

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

It's dark. Needs a levels tbh.

Advertisement