Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

want push button radio

Options
  • 02-01-2009 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

I have a 95 Fiesta with a push button radio i.e the stations are tuned to button and to change means just push button.

But later cars i have looked at all have radio and cd player where the controls are by a dial to be turned. Should I keep the radio when changing the car or do some later one have push button radios? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,427 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the newer ones have digital tuners and will also store 20-30 preset radio stations. newer digital tuners will have functions like RDS (to display station names), and AF (to adjust the frequency as you move around the country) There is no advantage to the stereo you have at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

Thanks
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    the newer ones have digital tuners and will also store 20-30 preset radio stations. newer digital tuners will have functions like RDS (to display station names), and AF (to adjust the frequency as you move around the country) There is no advantage to the stereo you have at the moment.
    In the cars I have viewed there are only knobs to turn, how do you preset on these or can you?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

ThanksIn the cars I have viewed there are only knobs to turn, how do you preset on these or can you?

What cars have you viewed? There are NO cars that I could easily recall as having a knob tuner only with no presets, apart from the drivers of course:p

The old Fiesta radios are alright, but nothing on newer ones. Post a google pic or something to clarify exactly what you mean as I'm not really able to make sense of the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,126 ✭✭✭✭L1011

ThanksIn the cars I have viewed there are only knobs to turn, how do you preset on these or can you?

You tune to the station you want, then hold down the button you want to assign to that frequency for 5 or so seconds.

NO car I've seen built in the past decade doesn't have this function. Generally you tune using a 4-way keypad not a knob anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭maidhc

It is something like this?
    headunit1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

maidhc wrote: »
    It is something like this?
    headunit1.jpg

I got that part, but what radio doesn't have a few presets is what I was asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,427 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

worst one I've seen was the Ka, with only 3 presets.

ninty9er wrote: »
    What cars have you viewed? There are NO cars that I could easily recall as having a knob tuner only with no presets, apart from the drivers of course:p

The old Fiesta radios are alright, but nothing on newer ones. Post a google pic or something to clarify exactly what you mean as I'm not really able to make sense of the question.
    Sorry. I am not sure looked at several cars but not close at the radio. But still I do not recall seeing any buttons on the radio just a dial to turn
    apart from the drivers of course:p
    lol

MYOB wrote: »
    Generally you tune using a 4-way keypad not a knob anyway.
    that is what i mean i did not see a key pad. My car has buttons to hold down for a few secs as you say

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mumblin deaf ro

Sorry. I am not sure looked at several cars but not close at the radio. But still I do not recall seeing any buttons on the radio just a dial to turn

lol
    There were probably numbered buttons below the dial - these are the presets.

If you are worried about not being able to preset and access your favourite stations easily, don't be - newer systems are easy to preset and access (many have buttons on the steering wheel to allow you to switch stations easily).

• Advertisement

There were probably numbered buttons below the dial - these are the presets.
    probably will look closer next time. Thanks

Advertisement