Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puppies C&C

Options
  • 02-01-2009 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

First new thread on the photo forum

The Aunt brought over her new Puppies 2 days ago so got the camera out

Only have the camera since late oct so all C&C welcome

1. 3160483108_97a46e166a.jpg

2. 3159640327_6d5cc9c96a.jpg

3. 3160483926_b0a1b428c9.jpg

4. 3159634603_f52853537c.jpg

5. 3160468676_6a2b9c7e80.jpg

More here

BH

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Really cute puppies!! :)

They're nice pictures but using the flash limits the end result. I recommend using only aperture priority (AV) or shutter priority (Tv). You're not really getting the best from your camera if you use the auto settings. I recommend reading ''Understanding Exposure'' by Brian Peterson and you'll be well on your way! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Lovely lovely pictures but I prefer them not cropped so tight.
    Really lovely pics the 2nd time I looked at them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

awww bless!!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

I love them... can I borrow them when your aunt is away??? I espicially love the first pup doing his sawn in half impression lol.

Really like the pics, am a newbie myself so can't offer much advice but well done and keep them coming

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Welcome to the forum and well done for a C&C first post (some folk are so brave :cool: ) Only joking - were not that bad usually :pac:

Re: the post. They're puppies alright - which also means they may be probably one of the hardest subjects to photograph (when so playful etc..) - from the point of view of composition. You could probably take 100 photographs and get 1 or 2 that are really great. Of them all I like #2 best. The others are fine - they capture them at their most playful (eh., chewing) but I don't think the composition does your new camera equipment justice. If they were running and jumping then you mightn't have had an option for better composition. The good news is that technically the focus is good and the shutter speed is good too to freeze the action so you are certainly heading in the right direction with things.

The book recommended is great for generally understanding the principles involved - tis a great read too.

Now for a bit of gas have a read of the following expert how to photograph puppies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I love them, really like 1 and 3 but all are gorgeous with such gorgeous subjects you can do no wrong. Good luck with your progression, take things one step at a time, I would recommend understanding shutter speed then apereture then combining the two as for flash bounce bounce bounce but youve done a great job here anyway.

Advertisement