Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

running 2 tvs from one sky box

Options
  • 02-01-2009 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I am running 2 tvs from one sky box the first is from scart the second cable through RF input the cable isn't as good as the scart they are 2 flat screen tvs with hd ready the first tv is fab quality the second look average enough is there another way to get better quality
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

In order of Quality
    RGB SCART
    Composite SCART
    Video Sender Wireless via SCART (composite)
    RF is a long way behind and only mono.

Get a 2nd sat receiver and a quad LNB on DIsh?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 eddiebutt

I bought a video sender from Maplin but gave it back today as there was lines going through telly and I couldn't play the xbox 360 can I get a double scart that will do the job

WiFi Interference. Same Band.

I am running 2 tvs from one Sky boxone is plugged into scart quality great the other through rf cable quality ok is there a way to run both from scart i also use magic eye

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Tomk1

Am I right or wrong:
    Don't you need a HD sat box, as bog-sky-standard box is SD. So the HD tvs are being wasted on standard Def, therefore not the best picture no matter what you do.

• Advertisement

Ordinary Flat LCDs are terrible compared with good CRT.

Most "HD Ready" TVs are either not really HD resolution (1366x768 instead of 1920x1080) and/or too small (< 48" at 6ft viewing distance). However they do SD TV much better than the older or cheaper non-"HD Ready" LCDs.

Also a Sky HD box doesn't make non-HD content be HD. There is in reality very little HD. Over 95% of content people want is still in SD only. Maybe more.

So what he is trying to do seems very reasonable and worth while to me.

He may have HD Ready TV for Game console, PC games, or BD disc player. An HD Ready TV is MUCh better for PC, Xbox, PS2, Xbox360 and PS3 than a non-HD set.

watty wrote: »
    Ordinary Flat LCDs are terrible compared with good CRT.

Most "HD Ready" TVs are either not really HD resolution (1366x768 instead of 1920x1080) and/or too small (< 48" at 6ft viewing distance). However they do SD TV much better than the older or cheaper non-"HD Ready" LCDs.

Also a Sky HD box doesn't make non-HD content be HD. There is in reality very little HD. Over 95% of content people want is still in SD only. Maybe more.

So what he is trying to do seems very reasonable and worth while to me.

He may have HD Ready TV for Game console, PC games, or BD disc player. An HD Ready TV is MUCh better for PC, Xbox, PS2, Xbox360 and PS3 than a non-HD set.

Your totaly right I do run an xbox 360 the other tv I have is a 42 inch Philips that is HD not HD ready this is the TV that I have running through the RF cable the quality is ok but not as good as the 32inch HD ready tv that runs on a scart cable. What I want to try and find out is what's the best way to get the best quality for the 42 inch from the one Sky box using the magic eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aidankk

eddiebutt wrote: »
    Your totaly right I do run an xbox 360 the other tv I have is a 42 inch Philips that is HD not HD ready this is the TV that I have running through the RF cable the quality is ok but not as good as the 32inch HD ready tv that runs on a scart cable. What I want to try and find out is what's the best way to get the best quality for the 42 inch from the one Sky box using the magic eye.

Best way ive seen is using a CAT5 scart extender with remote option.

ive got one from keene electronics in the uk for about 80quid and the quality is excellent, very simple cable run as well using cat 5 computer cable...

http://www.keene.co.uk/electronics/product.php?mycat=10_829

loads of options here i have this

http://www.keene.co.uk/electronic/keene-electronics/keene-cat5blaster-qc-active-transmitter--receiver/C5QCA.html

aidankk wrote: »
    Best way ive seen is using a CAT5 scart extender with remote option.

ive got one from keene electronics in the uk for about 80quid and the quality is excellent, very simple cable run as well using cat 5 computer cable...

http://www.keene.co.uk/electronics/product.php?mycat=10_829

loads of options here i have this

http://www.keene.co.uk/electronic/keene-electronics/keene-cat5blaster-qc-active-transmitter--receiver/C5QCA.html

Is this a video sender? Or a divice that allows me to connect two scarts? Thanks for your help does is use something simlar like the magic eye so I can change channels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aidankk

eddiebutt wrote: »
    Is this a video sender? Or a divice that allows me to connect two scarts? Thanks for your help does is use something simlar like the magic eye so I can change channels

its a video sender and reciever and it uses cat5 cable (std computer network cable) so it has none of the issues with wireless senders.

It also has a remote control sender and reciever. so you can control from the 2nd location..

• Advertisement
Advertisement