Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Wanted] ABA Tutors

• 02-01-2009 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I was wondering if there are any ABA tutors out there doing home programmes. There is such a need out there with lots of parents looking for ABA tutors. (There is also alot of people who charge parents for services they are not qualified to do)
    I'd love to hear how the tutors get on.
    I have been teaching ABA in home programmes for a while now. Some with supervision, some without. Where do you turn to when you need help running the programmes? Has anyone come across any good books?
    There is such high expectations from parents, that I want to do my best, yet there is little support out there for us tutors.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Bertee

hey,
    i worked as an ABA tutor in a school before - what qualifications do you need to be a home tutor? is a teaching qualification and ABA experience enough? is there an agency you work through? i imagine it must be tough without supervision.
    bertee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dindin

Hi,

I am looking for a Tutor for my son who is Autistic for 5 days a week from 9.30 to 1.30 each day. We are in the Balbriggan area. if you are interested give me a shout. We have our grant approval ready to go.

Rgds
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 des paul

Hi Claire,

yeah we are still on the look out. Does your friend have Garda Clearance??? we had interviewed a Tutor and she seemed lovely and perfect for what we wanted, she didnt have her clearance yet and I sent her on the form but havnt heard anything back so this is my plan B. Can you ask your friend to mail me on via PM

clairev wrote: »
    Me again, just to let you know my friend (who is an excellent tutor) is available and would be happy to talk to you.

Let me know a.s.a.p. if you still want someone.

Claire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jurgita29

Hello,

My name is J., I've been living in Trim Co. Meath for three years. I have my BA degree in Psychology field, at the moment, I am considering to gain some valuable insight and work experience in working with the families of autistic children, and helping their children to integrate in the society, and I was wondering whether anyone knows a supervisor or coordinator, or a consultant who is experienced, qualified to supervise other psychologists with no experience in the applied behaviour analysis, but eager to learn while working, preferably based in Co. Meath, so I could contact him/her and ask for some practical advice and expertise.

Please, if anyone knows any information, please help me and advice me how to get in contact with the experienced aba supervisor who is looking to train and work with other psychologists here, in Co. Meath.

J
    Trim, Co. Meath

contact via PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Private Home Tutor

Hi, I have more than 3 years experience in a fantastic ABA school outside Maynooth. I also have experience doing a home tuition programme with a little girl who is now starting primary school this September. I have a Degree in Social Science and a Higher Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy and I am looking to do Home Tuition asap. If anybody knows of anybody looking for private home tuition for their kids please contact me at through the PM system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Hi all

Please please please use the Private Messaging system to give each other contact details. You are otherwise leaving yourselves wide open for all kinds of rubbish.

If you click on the person's UserName, you'll see the 'send a private message' sign come up.

I'm removing all email addresses and phone numbers from the posts here.
    JC

• Registered Users Posts: 3 alanleotennyson

Hi guys, I am currently trying to establish a free to access database for Home Tutors (both ABA and teachers) which parents may access. We are called Behaviour Support Cork, but dont let the Cork bit put you off. While our direct services are likely to be local there is no reason the database cant be national. If your interested please go to www.behavioursupportcork.com and complete the online application form. Kind Regards Alan

Alan, if you want to advertise a service you should really contact the moderators/admins first. I'll let it stand for the moment, but you'd better be ready to give helpful responses to anyone enquiring about any aspect of ABA.
    JC

• Registered Users Posts: 3 alanleotennyson

Thanks for letting it stand JC. Will do Alan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 silverrope

Sorry Silverrope, but you are advertising your service here, which goes against the forums charter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 leighanne roche

Im new to this website and am not sure how it works. Im lookim for a home tutor for my 4 year old son who has autism.I have been approved the twenty hour a week home programme but need some one urgent.

Anyone wanting to reply to leighanneroche offering their services, do so through Private Messaging (PM) function.

This might be useful to anyone looking for, or offering their services as an ABA tutor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 trace51

Hi Carla 123,

Mod Edit: DID YOU NOT READ MY POST ABOVE?? JC

I have found 'A work in progresss' by Leaf and McEachin very useful, Lovaas' books were also recommended to me but I haven't used them yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LINDAPMCG

Hi, I am looking for a home tutor for my son. Jacob has acute autism. I am looking for someone who has been Garda vetted and experience of A.B.A. Initially, it will be for ten hours per week going up to twenty hours per week from the 5th December 2012. Tutor would be needed until the end of June 2013. Monday to Friday only.
    We live in the Crumlin area

Thanks

Linda

REPLY USING THE PRIVATE MESSAGING SYSTEM ONLY. Any replies to this post on this thread will be deleted. JC

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sanmarie

I am an aba tutor and I am available to work in Meath/Louth/North Dublin areas..I have approx 10 yrs experience of working in ABA schools and more recently on Home Tuition programmes..I qualify under Dept of Education ..Pm me if you require further details.

and again everyone: no contact details on this thread (thanks sanmarie, you obviously read the thread!). If you want to contact somebody, do so though the PM (Private Messaging) system. Click on the person's user name and you'll see "Send a private message to x". USE THIS. Also this might be useful. JC

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DBSdude

ABA Tutor Required Urgently
    For a 3 year old with a diagnosis of ASD
    Afternoons Wed/Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun
    Kilbarrack/ Donaghmede Area

private work at the moment, with view to getting home tuition grant. Pm for more details

Advertisement