Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CnC :D

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Sorry to type that, but the first one is a little too much out of focus for my taste. And the pole with signs is too hard, too harsh for such type of picture - it distrubs my feeling of the picture.
    However the exposure is excellent and you have clean sensor, not like me :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

hummm they are ok, seems like a poor photoshop job, i've seen your other stuff, a much high standard of processing so i dont mind saying the processing is cack, why effect were ya going for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

ThOnda wrote: »
    Sorry to type that, but the first one is a little too much out of focus for my taste. And the pole with signs is too hard, too harsh for such type of picture - it distrubs my feeling of the picture.
    However the exposure is excellent and you have clean sensor, not like me :pac:
    hahaha cheers!!! good to get the feedback.

hummm they are ok, seems like a poor photoshop job, i've seen your other stuff, a much high standard of processing so i dont mind saying the processing is cack, why effect were ya going for?

believe it or there really isnt much processing.bit of curves to boost contrast etc nothing exotic!! they look heavily processed then?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

believe it or there really isnt much processing.bit of curves to boost contrast etc nothing exotic!! they look heavily processed then?

the first one does a good bit to me anyway... unnatural colours, maybe the oof is making it look moreso i dunno

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I like the concept behind these. The out of focus of the first is a bit too much for my liking but i like the black banding (wooden posts?) with the colour inset - I think it provides for an interesting frame.

I prefer #2 although I think the sun is a little too strong and/or would be better just peeping out from behind the sign post. I like the plane trail in the sky. Nice capture.

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    I like the concept behind these. The out of focus of the first is a bit too much for my liking but i like the black banding (wooden posts?) with the colour inset - I think it provides for an interesting frame.

I prefer #2 although I think the sun is a little too strong and/or would be better just peeping out from behind the sign post. I like the plane trail in the sky. Nice capture.

nope the black banding is actually a few millimetre gap between two planks in a fence out in my backgarden. I was unsure whether keeping the actual sunrise fairly blurred would work.but i guess now that for most people it doesnt.next time ill get it in full focus :D to to gauge how that looks.
    I liked the intensity of the sun and the sharp edges of the sign against the hills......it was a spectacular evening :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 photosnap

hey man I meant to say this to you on D.A.

But you should join www.photographyireland.net :)

photosnap wrote: »
    hey man I meant to say this to you on D.A.

But you should join www.photographyireland.net :)
    cheers! I am a member of that site but I foudn the photogrpahers on there to be to be of too high a level. Most of them seem to be pros. I mainly use this site more.Ive got a dry run of photos lately,cant seem to pull out of the slump cap'n ;p

but thats so incredibly not true. im on that site! and as bad as i am at photography there's plenty of people worse! it must be said.

seriously, just post more. be persistent. ill comment on everything. i rarely use this or D.A. cause everyone on it are just great once you stick around for a while and get involved. just give it a chance...

• Advertisement

And another thing....half the people that comment here are on PI too.

Even someone else who posted on this thread but i wont say who :P

and its not me :P

but yeah, list of people on this forum that are on it too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

the first is sort of abstract which is good my only complaint is the area thats completely burnt out with no detail !!

the second one is well exposed - pity you didn't get the sun behind the post as again its totally over exposed and detracts somewhat

overall good efforts tho! :)

photosnap wrote: »
    but thats so incredibly not true. im on that site! and as bad as i am at photography there's plenty of people worse! it must be said.

seriously, just post more. be persistent. ill comment on everything. i rarely use this or D.A. cause everyone on it are just great once you stick around for a while and get involved. just give it a chance...
    yeah i was on there for a while but I think the quality of what everyone else was posting was quite offputting to me....I may go back there again though once I get my mojo back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I can see what you were trying to do with the photos, especially the 1st.

I can see what you were trying to do with the photos, especially the 1st.

wel lyou know what they say.its the thought that counts :D

Advertisement