Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Anyone shed some light?????

Options
  • 02-01-2009 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Hi,

this is going to sound silly but I'm wondering if anyone can offer some advice. For the past few months now I have been feeling quite drained and tired most of the time, but recently I have been having funny turns where I feel faint, i get pins and needles and feel nauseous.This is becoming more regular now in the last few weeks especially. I went to the doctors about it and I was sent for blood tests for Diabetes etc... but they all came back negative. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had similar symptoms to this. I feel silly going back to the doctor about the same thing again when they found nothing the first time...

Advice anyone???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Go back to the doctor. Blood tests can be to rule out other issues.

Pins and needles can be a symptom of both nerve problems and of circulatory problems. The fatigue, faintness and nausea can be realted to either condition (though more often haematological issues).

If you have regular episodes try keeping a diary of everything you did and ate for a couple of weeks too. This will help in any differential diagnosis and could turn up a root environmental or dietary cause (caffiene, food allergy even environmental toxins in your work place).

Either way, go back to the doctor and dont be afraid to press them for a solution or more tests.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Have a professional diagnosis done.

We are not allowed offer medical advice on this forum.
    Once you have been diagnosed, feel free to come back and discuss your diagnosis and compare notes with others by all means- but until then, this thread is locked.

Regards,

SMcCarrick

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement