Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the Christmas music on the radio gone to???

Options
  • 02-01-2009 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭

Well we were bombarded with Christmas music songs from around November onwards. Now I love to hear the festive Christmas songs but I like to hear them at Christmas time. I have noticed that since St Stephen's Day, which is the second of twelve days of Christmas, the Christmas songs have more or less disappeared from the airwaves. I actually avoided listening to the main commercial radio channels on the weeks up to Christmas as I didn't want to hear Christmas songs when it's not Christmas and now that it actually is Christmas, they won't play them. It's only day 9 of 12 but Christmas appears to be over on the radio!!! What gives??? :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Christmas is over

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

All the producers who either put on or even allowed that crap to be put on air have been lined up and shot.
    highdef wrote: »
    Well we were bombarded with Christmas music songs from around November onwards. Now I love to hear the festive Christmas songs but I like to hear them at Christmas time. I have noticed that since St Stephen's Day, which is the second of twelve days of Christmas, the Christmas songs have more or less disappeared from the airwaves. I actually avoided listening to the main commercial radio channels on the weeks up to Christmas as I didn't want to hear Christmas songs when it's not Christmas and now that it actually is Christmas, they won't play them. It's only day 9 of 12 but Christmas appears to be over on the radio!!! What gives??? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭highdef

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    All the producers who either put on or even allowed that crap to be put on air have been lined up and shot.

Hahaha. loving it!!! Ah but you have to love the tacky Christmas music though......only at Christmas time though!!! And Phaser, the last day of Christmas is actually next Monday. Thats why the Christmas decorations and Christmas trees are all still around and illuminated ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Thank fcuk it's gone... Christ I hate that crap on the radio. Same dozen songs on repeat. How the hell is that entertainment?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

highdef wrote: »
    And Phaser, the last day of Christmas is actually next Monday. Thats why the Christmas decorations and Christmas trees are all still around and illuminated ;)
    No, Christmas is over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭highdef

I'll agree to disagree ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I have to say I loved Christmas FM and it really helped get me the "Christmas feeling". I listened to it for about 2-3 weeks leading up to Christmas when I was out and about in the car, however if it were still running now I wouldn't bother listening to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I don't listen to the radio. Stops me from listening to sh!t music. Especially the ear-r@ping crap at Christmas time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Much ado about nothing really.

Here are some xmas tunes that warm the cockles of me heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I hate to tell you this but they were in it for the money. Most people don't care about Xmas after the 25th.

The decorations still being up is laziness, not the 12 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

That **** ain't gone far enough away.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭shaner

Rb wrote: »
    I have to say I loved Christmas FM and it really helped get me the "Christmas feeling". I listened to it for about 2-3 weeks leading up to Christmas when I was out and about in the car, however if it were still running now I wouldn't bother listening to it.

Xmas FM only had a 30 day license so they finished up on Stephen's Day at 7pm. Have to say, even though I'm usually fairly oblivious to what they play on the radio at work, Xmas FM really got to me.

Didn't feel the Christmas Cheer at all this year so it just seemed a bit surreal hearing hundreds of Christmas songs I didn't know even existed...

I was in Northside shopping centre on 30 Dec and Superquins were playing a christmas song over and over just the one song...... A bit like the craggy Island disco

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Where is the Christmas music on the radio gone to???

Hell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Crackerspray

In just a short 356 days you'll probably be asking the exact same question! My tree is on the balcony on its side for some time now... sorry Highdef.... but.... I killed Christmas :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Rb wrote: »
    Oh God, you're serious? There's an actual Christmas FM?! :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It's gone to hell where it belongs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Oh God, you're serious? There's an actual Christmas FM?! :eek:
    There was, yeah, it was a station set up for charity. DJs did an hour each here and there for free and you could text in to donate, call into the station etc.

Played Christmas songs 24/7 for the month all in aid of the ISPCC. Good idea for a good cause really.

Advertisement