Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Unit

Options
  • 01-01-2009 7:39pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭

anyone care to tell me if this is worth getting into?

look for another show to sink my teeth into and I'm a big fan of Shawn Ryan's The Shield.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

I've never really watched "The Shield" but from what I know of it, "The Unit" is not quite at the same level - still, I've watched all episodes of "The Unit" to date and still really enjoy it on many levels. I liked Dennis Haysbert from his days on "24" as President David Palmer and he gets an even more prominent role in this. Plus, it's one of those shows that my wife also enjoys, because it's kinda split between the action parts with the unit themselves and what their wives at home get up to as well... I'd class it as an enjoyable show, but not really a "must see". Plenty of opinions in the main thread:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055176251&highlight=the+unit

Though I'd only read the first few posts, to avoid the possible spoilers/discussions of current episodes...

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

Dexter & The wire .WONT BE DISAPOINTED:)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I watch both shows (The Shield and The Unit). I started The Shield a few months back, and I'm 3 seasons in. I've watched all of The Unit from the start, and its definitely a different kind of show. The Unit is mainly standalone episodes, with story arcs at the start/end of seasons, while the Shield is definitely more seasonal than standalone (and better because of it).

I don't think The Unit is in the same league as The Shield, but its still a great show, and its one that I keep up to date with.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I actually perfer the seasonal "what happens next" aspect of TV and do not like the stand alone series like House and CSI.

Looks liek i'll give this one a miss then, thanks for the replies.

Advertisement