Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows not recognising CF cards in the card reader

Options
  • 01-01-2009 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭

Got a new laptop and card reader over the holidays. Turns out Windows can't recognise the CF cards in the reader for some reason. Tried 3 of the pc's and 2 laptops and no joy. Anyone have any suggestions of what to try out? (No smart arses saying buy a new card reader:p I'll do that tomorrow) If I can't get it working I'm fecked because I have a hectic weekend ahead.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭xshayx

Does device manager show any problems? Maybe it needs new drivers?

(Edit: A quick google there had some people saying that some card readers werent compatible at all with their cards)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

There is big amount of readers that are a little older and cannot manage faster cards (Extreme IV).
    EDIT: And one FAQ question - have you tried to format the card in your camera first?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Yes T, I formatted cards in both windows and camera and no joy. Shay - I'll try that later although it can recognise sd, xd and some other cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

what sizes?
    some readers won't read cards of over 2gb in size
    I have a imagemate 12-in-1 reader who will read 8gb CF but won't read 8gb SD cards (4gb SD are fine)
    readers are only a tenner, try a different one

Won't read any sizes from 1GB to 8GB. Just waiting till the morning when the shops open to get a new one before I head up for the Leinster match.

• Advertisement

Mine from Tesco for a tenner reads Extreme IV cards of 4GB. And some shops are opened 24/7. Just an idea...

Just sitting at home watching the rugby I'll head to the 24hr one later and keep ya posted. What make was yours T?

TECHNIKA :-) Just a brand name from chineese factory.

Advertisement