Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Years today!

Options
  • 01-01-2009 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

I off the fags two years today and feeling really proud of myself (and of course delighted with the >3000 euro ive saved!). Anyone biting the bullet today? Best of luck...it's well worth it!

Hi J! You quit 2 years, 10 hours, 47 minutes & 29 seconds ago. You have *not* smoked 6,583 cigs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I like to smoke when I'm hungover, so I've decided to leave until tomorrow to quit.

Congratulations on the 2 years.

There's hope for us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭dollyk

yes im on day one...:):o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Im on day one also. god help us all:p. side effects are nausea and sleep problems but its worth it(i think:D). 14 years of smoking so ofc its gonna be tough. this forum is going to help me i think. its good to know people are in the same boat.

later all and mind over matter

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,072 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Well done on 2 years. I think I'm on 3 months now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

After giving up at least 80 or so times in the past, I am trying again for the new year.

This is my second day. I'm really determined. Have decided to go cold turkey and hope for the best. One day at a time and all that.

I'm a bit worried cos i'm going out drinking tomorrow night with a heavy smoker. I will report back tomorrow, with good news hopefully. It will be a huge achievement for me if I don't smoke tomorrow night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

It sure will be a big test Tri. No doubt about that. You can do it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

moonboy52 wrote: »
    It sure will be a big test Tri. No doubt about that. You can do it! :)

I DID IT!! HOORAY!!!:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

Fairplay on 2yrs its tough going at times but wellworth the effort im on 18months meself 20 a day :o:o DIRTY FECKIN THINGS:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Good man Jeapy, well done...your home free..

Would you believe that on January 1st I hit the 14 month no smoking mark...

On January 2nd, like a fooking first class idiot I smoked 10 fags!. Just wen't off them again yesterday, back to square one on day 2!.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

Feelgood wrote: »

On January 2nd, like a fooking first class idiot I smoked 10 fags!. Just wen't off them again yesterday, back to square one on day 2!.
    AH ****:eek::eek: smoked 10 that must of hurt your new clean lungs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭acorntoast

Well done on 2 years :) I am off of them 2 years and 3 days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

Feelgood wrote: »

:eek:! Lol im a girl!

Ahhhhhh that's awful! How's it going being back on the wagon? Best of luck to everyone who decided to quit. It's not easy but it is worth it, promise!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

Jeapy wrote: »
    I off the fags two years today and feeling really proud of myself

well done, I am off them 6 months myself, but every day is a new challenge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

well done you - would love to too but never seem to last more than couple of weeks............

- are you now very anti-smoking or tolerant of others in your company ????

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Poutbutton

Well done!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭mjg

Two years is a massive landmark, well done.

I am off them for two days for the sixth or seventh time. Three months seems to be my problem time, you lose a sense of exactly why you gave them up and something tells you that you can smoke after a few beers and stay off them.

Anyway, going hell for leather to stay off them this time, fair play on the two years plus.

Advertisement