Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Im studing primary school.. Will I get a job in 3 years???

Options
  • 01-01-2009 1:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

I'm just wondering im studing primary school teaching and worry at the end I wont have a job:confused:.. In three years will it be hard to get a job?? I'm lad btw:D:D!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭innocenteyesuk

Hey I'm training too in Marino. Where you studying?

Yeah, the likelyhood is that male teachers (like ourselves) will have a better chance than females because of various initiatives from the DOE to get male teachers but at the same time will all the ed. cuts there will be a lack of jobs increasing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

just because the DES wants more males does not mean individual schools will be more likely to employ a male

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭shelly6

Yeah you probably will. I think in three years time the cuts will be reversing again (hopefully), so there should be loads of jobs. And being a guy won't do any harm. I would be worried coming out this year though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lizzie8

Y wud u evn b worrying about that now...its 3 years away!!!Enjoy college!!an hav some sympathy for those of us coming out dis year:(

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭steppen

Lizzie8 wrote: »
    Y wud u evn b worrying about that now...its 3 years away!!!Enjoy college!!an hav some sympathy for those of us coming out dis year:(

Maybe you should take another year learning how to write coherently before you start teaching young children

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭speaktofrank

LOL.
    Harsh but true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

My sister was in teaching college and I'm reliably informed that being a lad will be an advantage in going for a primary school position.
    Just to balance things up you know....

And if you're willing to help out with the GAA or sports training that's even better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lizzie8

steppen wrote: »
    Maybe you should take another year learning how to write coherently before you start teaching young children
    Thanks for the advice darling but i'm perfectly capable of writing!And i'm pretty sure you're in the wrong thread if you're only posting to correct spelling!:p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Being male may be an advantage- if there are lots of jobs and panels are cleared, but when one school here alone is going to have SEVEN teachers on this years panel,it may take a long, long, time before jobs become available to those fresh out of college.

Advertisement