Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I paid €7.50 for boxers tonight in Tesco....

Options
  • 31-12-2008 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

...and it also said £5 on the pack which is the same as ~€5.20

I feel violated and offended

Should i ask them for the difference back?
    Should i report them to the Gardai?

:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I walked out on to a main road and waited for a car to hit me.

one did.

Will I report the driver for dangerous driving?

Are you for real? seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

You paid the price that was on them in €
    You weren't obliged to buy them.

Same thing happens with magazines imported from the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

If you haven't opened them, bring them back and ask to see the manager.
    You are unlikely to get a refund but you will get the opportunity to complain to him face to face. It beats moaning on the internet.

If you have already worn them, post them to him, unwashed, with a note expressing your dissatisfaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

...and it also said £5 on the pack which is the same as ~€5.20

I feel violated and offended

Should i ask them for the difference back?
    Should i report them to the Gardai?

:mad:
    Why did you buy them? Go to Lidl as they have offers on those things for a much lower price! People need to wake up as the Euro and the pound are almost at parity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

You paid the price that was on them in €
    You weren't obliged to buy them.

Same thing happens with magazines imported from the UK.

but but but

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 cbeggan

I see your point. I mean what self-respecting retailer doesn't apply actual sales-time currrency exchange rates to all goods purchased globally and pay it's Irish staff the same wages in Euros as it pays UK staff in pounds, and of course seek only to open stores with *exactly* the same rent, rates and other overheads (secutiry, power, water etc) as its UK counterparts.

Aer Lingus will get you to the UK for 19.99 each way, so I reckon, allowing for taxis to/from Newcastle airport, and a quick kids meal in BKs, if you buy about 30 packs of Tesco pants at the Metro centre, you'll be back in the black. Check ou the eprice of Persil too, as you'll probably want to stretch to washing them eventually. Just don't buy more than you can carry on to the plane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭RiverWilde

cbeggan wrote: »
    I see your point. I mean what self-respecting retailer doesn't apply actual sales-time currrency exchange rates to all goods purchased globally and pay it's Irish staff the same wages in Euros as it pays UK staff in pounds, and of course seek only to open stores with *exactly* the same rent, rates and other overheads (secutiry, power, water etc) as its UK counterparts.

Aer Lingus will get you to the UK for 19.99 each way, so I reckon, allowing for taxis to/from Newcastle airport, and a quick kids meal in BKs, if you buy about 30 packs of Tesco pants at the Metro centre, you'll be back in the black. Check ou the eprice of Persil too, as you'll probably want to stretch to washing them eventually. Just don't buy more than you can carry on to the plane!

As deliberately silly as that last post was; what's even sillier is the fact that such a boxer run could actually be done.

So many people don't bother going to the north or wherever because of the 'hassle' of doing it. When the recession really starts to bite and the 'hassle' is suddenly worth it. God help the rip off retailers.

Riv

• Registered Users Posts: 14,971 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

No-one's realised yet that Fighting Irish is taking the p*ss. He's not a fan of the whinging folk (myself included) do on the Rip Off Republic.

No-one's realised yet that Fighting Irish is taking the p*ss. He's not a fan of the whinging folk (myself included) do on the Rip Off Republic.

:D

I was a bit locked

It happened again today, the government should stop these people from ripping us off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

go back to sleep no one said u have to buy them

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Rip-off boxers can be very handy if you're a male stripper.

old boy wrote: »
    go back to sleep no one said u have to buy them

but but but

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Rip-off boxers can be very handy if you're a male stripper.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 TheKid1987

You have to look around tesco for the bargains on underwear, i got a womans bra for 1.12 and little panties for 57cent.......i dont wear womans underwear as i am a man but the bargain was too great.....should i report them for questioning my sexuality??

TheKid1987 wrote: »
    You have to look around tesco for the bargains on underwear, i got a womans bra for 1.12 and little panties for 57cent.......i dont wear womans underwear as i am a man but the bargain was too great.....should i report them for questioning my sexuality??

you should report them cos i think the same bra is only £0.22 in UK Tescos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 TheKid1987

the same one!!! the comfortable fitting turquoise one with extra lift!!!!.......those b*****ds

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Tesco has announced plans to introduce euro-sterling parity pricing on all of its clothing products.
    The move amounts to a cut of around one-third in the prices being charged by the supermarket chain in the Republic of Ireland. It will make clothing and fashion goods 7% cheaper south of the border when compared with the North.
    The change takes effect from Monday 16th.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭Xterminator

you should report them cos i think the same bra is only £0.22 in UK Tescos

well they have announced from now on the euro - sterling will be at parity, so now cloths are 7% cheaper in the republic that the north!

cheers tesco!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,473 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

well they have announced from now on the euro - sterling will be at parity, so now cloths are 7% cheaper in the republic that the north!

cheers tesco!

With VAT being 6.5% more, that's parity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yes the product is cheaper in Ireland than England....

It's better than parity

Advertisement