If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Panasonic 42px80 in stock?

Options
  • 31-12-2008 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hi John
    I am looking for a 42px80. Do you have any for delivery down south? I dropped you a mail a few days ago regarding that and the pz but I appreciate how busy you are. I have decided on the px80.
    Regards
    Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭podge3

Loggie wrote: »
    Hi John
    I am looking for a 42px80. Do you have any for delivery down south? I dropped you a mail a few days ago regarding that and the pz but I appreciate how busy you are. I have decided on the px80.
    Regards
    Brian
    I just emailed John about the same TV, so hopefully he can get some.

Do all Richersounds Pannys come with the free 5 year warranty?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

podge3 wrote: »
    I just emailed John about the same TV, so hopefully he can get some.

Do all Richersounds Pannys come with the free 5 year warranty?

Afaik that is over now. I think that was up until the 31st of December, if panasonic have'nt extended it again. It was due to finish up at the end of November but they extended for another month then.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Loggie

Podge3 did you get a reply from JohnMc yet? I haven't heard anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭podge3

Podge3 did you get a reply from JohnMc yet? I haven't heard anything yet.
    Nothing via email, but I rang him. He really is a most helpful chap and spent quite a bit of time on the phone with me although it was obvious he was very busy.

Anyhoo, he has none of these Pannys for delivery at the moment. I think there may be a very small few in the shop for collection but if you are going to travel to Belfast to pick up one then you would want to ring first.

Thanks Podge3 for the reply. Not in a position to go to Belfast yet. I need to get a means of transport in which I can keep the box upright. Not sure if its a good idea driving through these country roads with a 42inch plasma lying flat in the back of a car, might be ok on some main roads but I live in the midlands hence bog and bumpy roads. The wife has a 5 door civic I must measure it with the seats down and see will the box fit upright. I'll ring before I travel up though. I'll do a search for the box measurements.
    Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

Thanks Podge3 for the reply. Not in a position to go to Belfast yet. I need to get a means of transport in which I can keep the box upright. Not sure if its a good idea driving through these country roads with a 42inch plasma lying flat in the back of a car, might be ok on some main roads but I live in the midlands hence bog and bumpy roads. The wife has a 5 door civic I must measure it with the seats down and see will the box fit upright. I'll ring before I travel up though. I'll do a search for the box measurements.
    Cheers.

is there a reason it cant be left flat? is this just a plasma thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

walshy123 wrote: »
    is there a reason it cant be left flat? is this just a plasma thing?

Yes, the weight of the glass screen can actually cause it to break when lied flat.

I found out on the internet after I drove back 2.5 hrs from Belfast on motorways and back roads. Luckily no problems with mine.

If I had to do it again I would not risk it.

Great choice of TV by the way.

I read somewhere that the screen could crack under the stress of it lying flat. Probably the bigger the screen the more likely it is to crack. Seems to make sense but I don't know if it is a proven fact. I read on some other thread on another forum that some Pioneers were shipped with tabs that would go red and stay red if the box lay flat and so could be refused on delivery. Seems there could be method in the madness though.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi John
    Regards
    Brian

Guys,

Re The 42PX80 - we (just about) still do have a few for in-store sale at the moment - however we really don't have enought to meet the demand for all our mail order Customers - I have no more confirmed deliveries in January so I just cannot promise that they will free up for shipping - as ever we really do try to keep some stocks for Customers that make the effort to visit the shop so they are not disappointed and as many Boardies will know if you are thinking of travelling you can email us to either sales@richersounds.ie or johnmc@richersounds.ie and if we have the stock available we WILL reserve it for you so you can be confident it's there after your journey!

On the other subject of shipping Plasmas flat - No doubt the correct maner to ship plasma is upright - however in my many years of retailing I have NEVER seen a plasma TV screen damaged when it was carefully transported lying flat. If you are planning on making a journey, in a smaller car, I would suggest that you bring lots of packaging and look at the option of putting the TV on the rear seats - carefully packed out with flexible packaging and most importantly - drive steady! I have seen numerous more TV's damaged over the last 2 years by flying Wii handsets (the latest was a Philips €2000 Aurea set yesterday!) - so as ever if you are sensible - you can break the rules!

Thanks again,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.