Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The sky tonight

Options
  • 31-12-2008 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

It seems that the moon and Venus are putting on a display again tonight. (Looks a bit cloudy here but we'll see!)

What are the best setting to use on a 400d with a sigma 70-300?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Heres my attempt. Taken using a 55-250mm lens at F8, 1/30 sec on ISO 400 by Canon 1000D. I'm loving the fact that i can even take pic like this - a masive jump in quality compared to my old IXUS I camera:D

3153375813_c8f0746649.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

My pathetic handheld attempt :mad:
    3153501377_ab69d452f3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Jan 30 Public Watches Nationwide

VENUS - MOON WATCHES

Astronomy Ireland is organising public Watches nationwide with powerful telescopes on the occasion of the Moon passing close to the brilliant planet Venus just as Venus is at its very best in evening skies. All welcome.

(They meet at the Papal Cross in the Phoenix Park.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Just looking at it now, venus seems quite bright but there appears some haze around it.

NJ

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭rsom

Still not as clear as I would like
    IMG_2973.jpg

But kinda like this one
    IMG_2992.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement