Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MTB singlespeed hub

Options
  • 31-12-2008 3:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hey,

anyone know of a singlespeed hub for a MTB that has a chainline that will hit the outer chainring on a triple chainring crank, either as its natural chainline or can be altered to this

its to clear a little chainstay clearance issue I´m having a the moment,

cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Here's one from On-One:
    http://www.on-one-shop.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Rear_235.html

You'd probably need a 52mm chainline - have you measured it? A longer BB axle might be a solution too.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭n1ght28

hello again morgan,

can´t wait to have a look at that Kona frame of yours,

how did you find out the chainline of the On-one rear hub, can´t find it anywhere,

prob is on my current frame i cant get the gear ratio i want running off the middle ring cause the chainring won´t fit past the chainstay, but singlespeed hubs are almost always built to run on the middle ring, you say the on-one is different?,

running a longer BB axle won´t solve the problem as far as i can see because the chainline from the rear hub will still be way off, what do yoou think,

Advertisement