Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mediums & Belief in God

Options
  • 31-12-2008 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭

I have a question that may seem silly, but im struggling with it!!! Do u need to believe in God to believe in Medium ability?

Prob is that i dont believe in a traditional God or any other divine being or original creator. Not that im am attacking anyone who does,its just i have always struggled with the concept. Im undecided about the prospect of faith and pre dertermined events.

The problem is that i have read books by a few different mediums and some mention Jesus and God and once they do that i find it hard to continue with the book. I really want to believe in what they do but can i do that and NOT believe in God???????????:confused::confused::confused:

Are there any mediums out there who can point me in the right direction????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

I am not a medium, but would consider myself spiritual. I don't think it is required to believe in God per se, but I think having an open mind is needed. For me personally, I believe not in the God I was reared to believe, but of the God of my choosing. Maybe have a look at what you do believe in may help. What is it that stops you from reading further once God is mentioned, as if you can look beyond the things that you don't believe in, and choose what you do and don't - see what fits right for you. For me, the journey into my own spirituality has been a journey of self-discovery. Personally I do believe in mediums, but also know there are a lot of cowboys out there too, so if you were to go to a medium it is usually best to go by someone who has been recommended to you. Just my own experience though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭The-Star

I am a medium and I think one does not have to believe in God to receive info. I think there is not a God but a system and I have the belief that there is something more there that the every day life. When I work I see higher beings around people. The brighter the light around the beings the higher the vibration. Spirit guides and loved ones that have passed over lowed ones look darker. With all I have see I have no doubt of a God like system. It is good to question!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭hiorta

There seems to be a God/ system/ Source or whatever idea suit you best.
    Aim for the Highest that you can perceive of. Then TRUST.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

Thanks for the replies! Im not sure why i stop reading once i reach any mention of God. I really rebelled against organised religion in my teens and still see how it separates people. I think all my faith went with it. I really wanna believe in Mediums,and i am coming around to reembracing some faith!
    hiorta wrote: »
    Aim for the Highest that you can perceive of. Then TRUST.

Really great advice and def the crooks of my problem!! Lack of trust in my own instincts,they say that mediumship is real so time to listen!!!!!!

thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭The-Star

You are right religion does put 'blocks' on people. We can do the 'work' ourselves that we have forgotten how to do. In this part of the world we handed our power over to the priests. Religion is the third party between our selves and the Source-God-Universe-En Sof, whatever you are comfortable with. You do not have to go looking for it. This higher energy comes to you, maybe, looking out on a beautiful morning as I am doing now!!! Keep asking questions you are doing GREAT!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭poster

I would think the same, when I read god or Jesus I think catholic church straight away. I am a medium and I do believe there is a higher source a higher energy. I do not follow the catholic church or go to mass although I was christened,communion confirmation and married in the catholic church.

I believe that every religion including sprituality which is a religion as such, all believe in a god or higher spirit, in my opinion it is all the one just different names on their god or higher source.

t

Advertisement