Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To buy: Canon 40D, 450D or 50D

Options
  • 30-12-2008 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

What one would you buy? All help appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

If money not a problem then the 50D.
    Better lcd screen, more MPixels amongst other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

M.T. I think your query is too open. You need to expand.

As AR says if you can afford it then the 50D then its a no brainer really. If you buy the 450D you would ultimately advance to the 50D so if you can afford the 50D then thats your entry point.

Check out the stickies - "Which Camera should I buy?"

Use the search with any of the model numbers to get a good feel for boards users experiences with the camera.

Good luck with your purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭M.T

Thanks for the replies. I'll go for the 50D I was just aware of people saying "save your money x V's Y etc"

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

To be fair, I don't think it's quite as simple as saying "Buy the most expensive camera you can".

Firstly, what level are you coming from? Do you have an (D)SLR already? Do you have any existing lenses for it?

I'm guessing that if you're asking the question, you're not coming from having a 1Ds already. So it might be worth thinking of getting the 450D and another lens, a bag, a tripod, whatever, rather than spend immediately on the 50D. Use the 450D for a couple of years, grow past it and then get the 80D (or whatever is current at the time).

Advertisement