Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boots botanics range banned in Ireland?

Options
  • 30-12-2008 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

I have had a skin problem for a couple of years now, a dermatitis type rash on my ankles. I have been to the doctor about it and the prescribed medication didn`t work at all. I decided to try some creams off the shelf and finally found one that works really well.

Boots Botanics Revitalising Body Lotion
    http://bootsus.bri-global.com/main.asp?cid=34&sid=26&iid=29

The problem is now that boots ireland don`t stock it anymore because apparently products containing gingko biloba are now illegal in ireland.
    Is this true? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

No idea about the ginkgo biloba ban but you could try Bepanthen as an alternative, you can buy it in Boots and Tesco. It's marketed in Ireland and the UK as a 'nappy rash' cream for babies so it's usually near the baby care section.

It is a stiff ointment but it is really useful for managing mild to moderate dermatitis.

Advertisement