Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help

Options
  • 30-12-2008 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Could anyone please tell me the best place to buy white mice in the louth area. I was told that they make nice pets. Also what sort of home would they need and what food i should feed them. Can u put 2 males or 2 females together as i dont want lots of babies. Any advice would be great. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Duzzie

Could anyone please tell me the best place to buy white mice in the louth area. I was told that they make nice pets. Also what sort of home would they need and what food i should feed them. Can u put 2 males or 2 females together as i dont want lots of babies. Any advice would be great. Thank you.

If you want a rodent that'd make a good pet, you should consider getting a couple of Rats. A lot of people turn their noses up at the mention of rats but pet rats are nothing like their wild cousins. Rats make much better pets than mice or hamsters. They also smell a lot less than mice. Rats are very sociable and inteligent animals. I keep both rats and mice and the rats are by far the nicer pets. Whenever I walk past their cage the come up to the side to see me. If I open the door, they run up to the door and walk out onto my hand. They will quite happily sit on my shoulder while I walk around the house. My mice wont do that.

Rats are social animals so are best kept in pairs or groups. They ar proliffic breaders too so are best kept in same sex groups, Males normally live quite happily together.

Just something to think about.

Advertisement