Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knife to Bouncers Neck

Options
  • 30-12-2008 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hoping someone can answer this for me.
    Last night my boyfriend arrived into the pub where I was having a drink with my mother shouting and screaming abuse at both me and my mother....he was extremely drunk. The bouncers threw him out...he didn't exactly go quietly for them either.
    An hour later he arrived back trying to get in after me again. The bouncers wouldn't allow him in so he stuck a knife(penknife) to the bouncers throat.
    The garda were called and he got locked up for the night. Does anyone know what he can expect to be charged for this.
    This probably sounds bad but I'm actually hoping he gets a few months, just to keep him away from me and our daughter. This is not the first time he's gone of the rails.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

If your lucky he will be sent down for a few months and either something bad will happen to him in prison or the shock of imprisonment if he has not been there before might open his eyes.

He sounds like a guy that should be giving the old alcohol a miss.

I hope the guards throw the book at him and a quite word from some concerned relatives pointing out that a custodial sentence might be the best for all concerned may help with this.
    I would be damned careful that no one has a big mouth and bad boyfriend finds out.

Unfortunately for you it can be very hard to remove this kind of an idiot from your family and society.
    Best of luck you are going to need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭ainet

Yes he definitely needs to give up alcohol...we have split 3 times in the last 5 years over his drinking binges. Just hoping if he gets put away it'll give both me and my daughter time we need to get our life sorted without him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭ainet

I did have a protection order in place for a year,and he only had supervised access to our daughter. He gave up the drink, went to AA and promised he had changed...I actually think he gets worse every time.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

blinding wrote: »
    I hope the guards throw the book at him and a quite word from some concerned relatives pointing out that a custodial sentence might be the best for all concerned may help with this.
    I would be damned careful that no one has a big mouth and bad boyfriend finds out.

OP, don't try to interfere with the prosecution, it's a matter for the gardai and following the above poster's advice is not a good idea.

Advertisement