Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check out this guys retro collection

Options
  • 30-12-2008 2:57pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭

As the title says, check out this guys retro collection, it's awesome.
    Some really rare, some very common, but lots and lots of everything!

A lot of repeats though, I mean he has a serious amount of Amiga's, Nes' and Megadrives, don't know why, but there you go.

He's also selling it all!

But he lives in Oz so, unless you have a very good friend in DHL, this is gonna cost ya!

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZJLLeicZkM

and

http://www.lemonamiga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=56358#56358

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭appleidog

I personally don't think that collection is even worth posting i mean ciderman thanks for posting it but the original guy. its hoarding for the sake of hoarding!. And the stuff isn't that rare at all really! there is just alot of said crap. Its quality not qauntity. wow the guy has 12 super nes's that isnt cool that is sad.

All that could be is a few auction lots that entire collection. i don't see the point of collecting crap.

And i wouldn't see why anyone would want to partake in actual money and space when you can get a much much better collection then this guy would ever have. this is what thinking is very sad in the gaming world this guy. just collecting for the sake of collecting.

Why have 12 gameboy's unless i see stuff like the navi saturn, neo geo hotel unit, gold commodore 64, ect..... this is just alot of the same crap mulitplied what this guy has.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,587 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I think he has the same problem I do.

Walks into a charity shop. sees an old console, cant help but take it home.

I don't have nearly as many multiples as him though. Well, yet anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Even discounting the multiples, I think the collection is quite good, a nice representation of, well, not what was rare, but rather what was available, certainly to western audiences over the last 20/30 years.
    I like his mini personal computers, things by the likes of Psion that seemed so high tech and futuristic once upon a time.
    Most of my collection is made up of items that are not so much rare but rather once desirable items.
    Appleidog, the obscure and cool devices you mention are all well and good, but I'd rather a nice reliable Nes than some arcane device made by Ninty for use on airliners.

Different strokes for different folks I guess, even amongst a niche group like retro games collectors.

He needs a thick ear for all those tangled cables, don't know how he has gotten away with such a mess for so long!

even then its mediocre i just think its gaming at its worst saddest point. and even with the games as in my last post it could be just a bulk package.

And 01s1n i think this guy has ocd i mean sure there is picking up the odd game here and there but this guy has a general pychological problem with hoarding,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, I still think you guys are being a little harsh!

And regarding OCD, I reckon most non-retro gaming folk look upon is collectors as something approaching the neurotic as well.
    I know most of that ilk I know regard my obsession and I as weird in the extreme :(

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Holy sh*te, if you think that collection was good, check out this guys 'office'

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=87741.0

Look at the amount of MVS, PGM, CPS and ST-V carts! argh!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thats something alright. I think I drooled a little when I saw the STV cab with Terra Diver/Soukyugurentai.

Wow!
    Like, how much is all that worth, the contents of his "office".
    I mean, the guy must have no mortgage, or a very very bog salary!

And here's me wondering about spending a few euro on an MVS cart!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Is there anywhere in Ireland that still actually sells the SNES?; or any other 'retro' games machine at that matter?

Lol, that guy is from Neo-geo.com:rolleyes: now that collection 01s1n is more like it none of this utter crap from the other guy!. now can anyone top the first guy. show us your piccy's im sure ya can!.

• Advertisement

sorry for double post my internet went crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Bubba HoTep

that is a serious collection, i must admit, it is hoarding for the sake of it rather than collecting, but all the same how could you not drool... :P

have you read his comments tho? he seems to be one of these christians that thinks the end of the world is coming!!

speaking of collectors, check out this guy, the happy console gamer, came across him a few days ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5ZgakE7J_g

this guys is a collector (rather than a hoarder) he does excellent reviews of old games, and new too, but it isnt just the usual crap, hes worth checking out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Yeah I left the very first guy a message and casually used the words "jesus ****ing" and he freaked out :/ *ugh* christians - DIE.

Master of the Universe

Mate, please don't use the name of my God like that.

But speaking of the end of the world - I.E. when Jesus comes back he's not going to be looking for the size of our retro games collection, but rather he will be looking at our hearts and we need to make sure that we are fixed on him.

Thanks for the comment and for the chance for me to write something meaningful here!

-brad

...I suddenly feel very sorry for his consoles.

Yup, that guys got issues,
    although I can just see his bumper sticker now,

I Collect Atari For Jesus
    or
    My soul is Gods, My heart is Segas

And shouldn't it have been Our God?

Or has he his own personal god?

Maybe it speaks to him via the music in SMB played backwards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Bubba HoTep

"on the 7th day god hit reset"
    sega genesis 1.14.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

I wonder if he has Bible Adventures for the NES?

Advertisement