Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prince Edwards Beats Dog: 'Royalty' Sick As Any Other Deviant

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

This is the type of thing that makes lauragomad!!
    Stupid royals! Between your Man, Harry killing rare birds, fox hunting and now beating dogs with sticks. I'd love to smack them all with a big giant stick and see how they would like it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

He's only beating the dog because he's not allowed beat the servants any more.
    There's no point being royal unless you can beat a peasant or his animals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Edward's beating on Pricess Anne again, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

All I can SEE in those pics is a raised stick, the beating is in the text only.

But yeah ... line breeding is bad, boo to royalty and all that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Far be it from me to defend a royal, but he's holding that cane at the end of it's curved handle which would make it hard to hit the dog particularly hard, we don't know how dense the stick is either. he's still a pratt though.

Whats really annoying is the bit at the end about two hen harriers being shot :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Never mind how he holds the cane, it's the shotgun I'm looking at. It should be broken (in an open position) in my opinion. Very dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Just another royal privilage to be abused and how better than by letting the whole world see .

Knobhead !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

They should be refered to as the English Royalty as there are more of them in different countries. By refering to them just as the 'Royals' implies that you look at them as if they are yours.

A picture may tell a thousand words but it only captures a single moment in time.

The picture does not show the animal being hit so whos to say who knows the full story?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Mesenger1

BUT - and I stand to be corrected here, is the dog not instantly showing a stance that suggests he knows what is about to happen as in this has happened before?? Possibly misreading the picture but that is what appears to me.................:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Mesenger1 wrote: »
    BUT - and I stand to be corrected here, is the dog not instantly showing a stance that suggests he knows what is about to happen as in this has happened before?? Possibly misreading the picture but that is what appears to me.................:rolleyes:

Most dogs will cower when you raise voice and hand at them ("experienced" or not) ...the others will attack :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭animalcrazy

To me it looks pretty obvious he is about to hit the dog, look at the way he's standing, crouched down to the level he can hit the dog at and has one leg back and one leg forward to give him balance when he brings down the stick and so he can reach the dog. He has the stick raised over his left shoulder, the opposite side to which he is holding the stick so when he brings the stick down, it will have a harder strick. He is also staring straight at the dog and of course the dog is cowering away from him.

If he's not trying to hit the dog then what is he doing? Randomly running around in a crouched position with a stick over his shoulder? If he was then wouldn't you think he'd be running in a different direction instead of on top of the dog? Also, if it so happened that he was randomly running around in a crouched position, he would hold the stick over the shoulder of the arm he's holding the stick with. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Looks like an anti hunt grasp at straws to be honest. Onlookers quote:

"‘It looked as if he took about three swipes"

"it would have hurt the dog if it had been hit with any force"

More quotes, this time from people who weren't even there!

"He certainly appears to have lost his temper and was acting impulsively without restraint"

"He then brought it down sharply several times towards them"

Its all spin!! Now, I have a problem with hen harriers being shot, I don't really like fox hunting, but you can't get a more organic, low carbon footprint way of getting food than shooting wild game! Which life would you rather lead? The one of an intensely farmed animal with a guaranteed timed death or the one of a wild animal with a good chance of escape from the gun?

Advertisement