Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of vet?

Options
  • 30-12-2008 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭

Hi, hoping someone could let me know.

There's been a stray cat hanging out in my folks back garden (probably cause my dad keeps feeding it) and it looks like it needs its eye looked at.

Roughly what kind of costs can I expect if I bring it to the vets?

Although, I first need to catch the little blighter.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 294 ✭✭XJR

It depends on what has to be done. You might be lucky and get some change out of €50 on the basis that it requires nothing more than a prescription.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

op i have the same problem, and ive been debating wether to see can i catch him (the most he will let me do after four years of knowing him is touch the top of his head) and bring him to a vet, but your post has just got me thinking, what would happen if me being the good samaritan did this, got a treatment for his eye, and then maybe some other thoughtful person like yourself, did the same, would it be harmful for the cat??

on top of this i feel that this animal would be reccomended to be put down (it has lumps on his legs that i think may be cancerous, and he looks very very old) and i dont know if this is my descision to make.

but back to your own question, will you be able to catch him?, if he is prescribed treatment will he allow you to administer it? as for the costs, yes the poster above sounds about right. let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭mel123

not sure what part of the country u are in, but in dublin the blue cross go around Finglas, Ballymun, Cabra, Smithfield on different nights, and you give them a donation. look up their website and im sure the times of where they are will be on it. tho im sure if u ring your local vet and explain the situation they may just ask you for the money for the medication. my vet charges 40 per visit, plus medication costs then.

Advertisement