Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best places to buy surf equipment?

Options
  • 30-12-2008 5:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭

Do shop online or at your local surf shop or somewhere else?
    Which online stores have you shopped at?
    How much do you generally spend in Internet surf related products a year compared to that of your local surf shop?
    What surf products would you normally buy online?

Where do you shop? 9 votes

Online Surf Shop
    0% 0 votes
    Local Surf Shop
    44% 4 votes
    Other Surf Shop
    44% 4 votes
    Direct to manufacturer
    11% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

I like to support local surf shops when possible (as in local to where I go surfing) as I definately like to have them there and am willing to pay that little bit extra for it. However, with the way sterling is going, it is getting very difficult to resist buying from the UK. Those shops who buy from UK suppliers would want to start passing on the savings to customers very soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

i bought a windsurfing package and wetsuit from here http://www.roho.co.uk/

i saved the guts of 700 quid... tbh i couldnt ignore that saving and if i was to buy here i would have to settle for something not as good as what i got in the UK. ive just checked a rival place here in dublin, they have actually raised the price of the same kit i got in the UK by 100 euro where as it has come down in the uk by 150 pounds since i bought it. factoring in the exchange rate there is now nearly 900 euro in the difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

I'd never buy any surf equipment online. I have to get a feel for summit, particularly anything you wear, before buying...

Advertisement