Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registration of Clubs (Ireland) Act, 1904

Options
  • 30-12-2008 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have an idea where the actual full text of this act can be found online. It is still in effect but the Irish Statute book only begins in the 1920s and the UK version does not have it.

Perhaps someone with lexisnexis/westlaw IE might post the text?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I've been looking for this piece of legislation for some time now. I just did another search on Lexis and Westlaw and came up with nothing.

On Westlaw I did find this in the DC rules;

Order 83
    Registration of Clubs and Granting of Club Authorisations

Order 83 Registration of Clubs and Granting of Club Authorisations

1. Definitions

In this Order :

“the Act” means the Registration of Clubs (Ireland) Act, 1904 (4 Edw. 7. Ch. 9) ;

I haven't seen the above emboldened citation before, it may be of some help? (Wasn't to me!:)).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Thanks for you interest

As you will know the act it reffed to in many places (usually in the same sentence as the intoxicating liquor acts)

Registration of Clubs (Ireland) Act, 1904 (4 Edw. 7. Ch. 9) ;

That is a old-style British citation, telling the name of the King and the volume* chapter in the book of statues (remember when statues came in books?)

* volume mightn't be the correct word, but you get the jist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dermot_sheehan

Pretty much as above, it's the 9th public statute passed by Westminster in the reign of edward the VII

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Why do you want this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

gabhain7 wrote: »
    Pretty much as above, it's the 9th public statute passed by Westminster in the reign of edward the VII

thanks
    (4 Edw. 7. Ch. 9)
    what does the 4 mean though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

vector wrote: »
    thanks
    (4 Edw. 7. Ch. 9)
    what does the 4 mean though?

I think it's the 4th year of his reign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭sh_o

It is available on Justis.com