Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get a gig?

Options
  • 30-12-2008 1:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hey!Im a singer who plays acoustic guitar and im wondering how you go about getting gigs?I know about all the open mic gigs in Dublin btw.It may be a stupid question....but places that iv seen like whelens ect are for electic bands and stuff.....Thanks

♪♫♪♫♪♫ Music = Life ♪♪♫♪♫

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Duff_Man

bruxelles do the zodiac sessions every wednesday i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 delgarlandmusic

Hi mate, I was in a similar position myself, Try the Dublin Underground. Just type it into google and visit their myspace, they are real friendly and will get you started with gigs everywhere, doing acoustic slots before the bands come on!

All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭KevLeppard

If you are going to go into venues looking for gigs, I might be worth your while getting a few business cards done up. If you have a MySpace page, definetely include that one on your card. I wouldnt include a BEBO address though (just an opinion on that one).

You should get to know other guys that play in the local circuit and build up a few contacts through them, maybe even get yourself an opening slot at one of their gigs. Most guys are more than happy to help out if they can.

If you know anyone that has contacts with the local scene, ask them to come to a rehearsal and strike up a deal with them if they are interested.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement