Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question i was pondering on!

Options
  • 30-12-2008 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Is realization or lets say clarity at one moment in time.
    Lets say its about anything!

Is it your ego talking or is it only your ego talking when you dwell on that moment?

Hm, Thanks Phil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MeditationMom

If this clarity or realization about anything exists in time and space and does not contain its opposite it is still the ego trying to define something that it can hold onto and that is "useful".

Take for example a Buddhist talking about impermanence and interconnectedness. Both can be understood intellectually without enlightenment. All you need is a little intelligence or maybe some background in physics to "understand" it. But it takes enlightenment to be aware at the same time of permanence and independent existence.

If you "dwell" on that moment as in "I had this great realization..." it is very much your ego. If on the other hand there is indeed great insights or clarity even if not yet enlightenment - without ego, you would just say:"Everything is connected", the same way you would say "it is raining", versus "I just had this great realization that it is raining" with some ego-hope that people will think you so wise and brilliant.

Advertisement