Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSX crashing

Options
  • 29-12-2008 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

Ok, having read about "around the world" trips, etc, I decided to try my hand at a tour of Europe (well some of it!)

I took off from Shannon and headed to Plymouth. From there to Nantes. From there to Bordeaux followed by Biarritz. I then headed across the Pyrennes to Girona in northern Spain. My next route was to be a run to Marseilles followed by a trip along the southern coast of France over Monaco, etc.

Only problem is, FSX won't let me!

I'm on the tarmac (well at a gate) in Girona, I've done the flight planner, saved it and then it starts setting up the flight for me. It loads the details, etc up to 100%, I get the egg-timer for 10-15 seconds and then it crashes out :(

I'm flying the Beechcraft and I'm just wondering if it doesn't like me flying to Marseilles by night - I landed in Girona in the dark in the pouring rain.

I've got all the latest updates, etc (to the best of my knowledge). Any suggestions?

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

OK, I tried again...

Changed the aircraft and had it start me on the runway in early morning daylight. That did the trick. Can't quite remember what aircraft I picked but it was similar to the Beechcraft Baron but has horizontal wing on top of the tai and winglets. I wasn't too comfortable flying it, so after about 5 mins I decided to reset the flight. Once again it crashed...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Have you tried turning the graphics settings down to min to see if the problem
    persists? Does the pc ever crash while running any other programs? Have you much space left on the drive that FSX is installed on and has it been defragmented recently?
    It is strange that it was working fine for you but then started crashing.

I tried all the suggestions - wagon loads of space on the drive, I defragmented and turned down the graphics a bit (although I do have a high spec 512MB card in the pc). It still acted up a bit lately.

Anyway, I skipped the run from Girona to Marseilles, started in Marseilles, hopped to Nice, from there to Pisa, onto Rome, across country to Venice and up to Geneva. Not sure where I'll head from there yet - any suggestions? :)

BTW, meant to mention, Beechcraft Baron's are hard to get to 20,000 feet over the Alps! I kept going lower, but ATC kept bumping me back up again and got p***ed off with me when I was only climbing at a rate of 100 feet a minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

FSX does like to crash in the weirdest ways sometimes. Plenty of glitches. I was flying online for about an hour then after landing left it connected and went away for another hour. When I came back to do another flight it crashed about 5 mins after takeoff for no aparant reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

My FSX installation runs pretty well, rarely any crashes at all!

If you have stability issues, delete the FSX.cfg file and let it rebuild itself. You'll need to tweak your settings again but it wont take too long.

• Advertisement

Thanks, might try that....

Advertisement